Step 1 - Apply for a course
Applying for a Wodonga TAFE course is easy!
- Search for your preferred course on the Wodonga TAFE website
- Select either 'Apply Now' to begin your application, or 'Enquire Now' to register your interest in the course. If the 'Apply Now' button is not available, that means the course isn't ready yet, so if you register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form we’ll let you know when it’s available.
- To Apply Now, you will need to have your Unique Student Identifier (USI), which will provide you with an online record of your Australian education and training. Please have your USI ready if you already have one, or create your USI via the link.
- Submit your application! You will then be contacted by our Customer Experience team with information about your Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Assessment (see Step 2) and/or any other information requirements needed for your application to be completed.
- Use a personal email address as this will be the primary means of communication with you.
- Applying is free.
- Applying is different to enrolment – you apply first, then if accepted, you can enrol.
- You can apply for more than one course.
- Applications can be withdrawn.
Step 2 - We'll be in touch + Next steps
Once Wodonga TAFE receives your application, our Customer Experience team will contact you via email regarding the next steps. This communication will include instructions to complete our LLN Assessment.
For our Health and Community Services courses only, application steps also involve an Application Requirements Questionnaire, and in some instances a Selection Interview. Please see Step 3.
What is the LLN Assessment?
LLN stands for Language, Literacy and Numeracy. The LLN Robot Assessment is a simple online assessment tool designed help you - it is not an exam or a test!
The LLN Assessment helps identify your skill levels with language, literacy, and numeracy, so if you need some additional help in some areas, we can provide you with the support you need to succeed. The LLN Assessment can also help identify if the course you're applying for is suitable for you.
- The LLN Assessment needs to be completed within one week.
- You have 60 minutes to complete the LLN Assessment - take your time.
- Check your emails (and Junk emails) to make sure you receive it as your application will lapse a week after being sent.
- After successful completion of the LLN Assessment you will be contacted for a Pre Training Review (Step 4).
You will not need to complete the LLN Assessment if:
- you have an existing qualification at the same level or above as the one you are applying for**. You will need to provide evidence of this at the time of your Pre Training Review or Selection Interview, before proceeding to enrolment.
- you are applying for the Diploma of Nursing as the ACER Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) assessment replaces it.
**If you are applying for the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment you are still required to complete the LLN Assessment as part of your course application.
View LLN Assessment tips here
Step 3 - Health & Community Services courses only - Questionnaire, Interview & CSPA
It's important that you view the 'Requirements' and 'How To Apply' tabs of these courses for extra information. For some courses, this may include the need to apply for a Working with Children’s Check and National Police Check.
Application Requirement Questionnaire and Selection Interview
The Application Requirement Questionnaire applies to all Health and Community Services courses. This involves completing a questionnaire regarding the requirements of the course.
The Selection Interview only applies to the following Health and Community Services courses:
View Selection Interview tips here
ACER Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) assessment
The ACER Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA) assessment only applies to Diploma of Nursing applicants and replaces the LLN Robot Assessment.
You will be sent an email following your application for the Diploma of Nursing, to book a time to come to our Wodonga campus and undertake your CSPA.
View ACER CSPA FAQs here
Step 4 - Pre Training Review
For all full qualification courses except the specified Health and Community Services courses
After your LLN Assessment is complete you will receive a phone call from Wodonga TAFE staff, usually within ten days following your application. We will discuss your course application, career goals, and the course requirements. This will take 10-30 minutes to complete.
If you do not have time to chat, we will reschedule a call with you at a time that suits.
There may be the possibility that your LLN skills need further work, or another qualification may be more suitable to you for at this time. If so, our Skills and Jobs Centre team will be in contact to discuss other options.
View Pre Training Review tips here
Step 5 - Course Offer and Enrolment
Now you have completed the application process and all it involves!
If you're successful in gaining a place within your chosen course, you'll be sent an official offer to Enrol. You will then need to complete your enrolment into that course.
Your enrolment is not considered complete until you have accepted your offer and organised your payment and/or funding arrangement.
All successful applicants are required to be enrolled prior to attending orientation.
If you have any further queries, please get in touch with us:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 1300 698 233
Or reach out to us via web chat or our social media channels.