What is an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN)?
The Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) is your first point of contact for queries about how an Apprenticeship or Traineeship works, and how to set up one at your workplace. www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn
The Australian Government contracts 11 Apprenticeship Network providers to deliver support services across 400 locations nationally.
Apprenticeship Network providers deliver personalised advice and support services from pre-commencement to completion. You can choose the Apprenticeship Network provider that you wish to work with, but you cannot commence an Apprenticeship or Traineeship without being formally connected to an Apprenticeship Network provider. Apprenticeship Network providers deliver free information, advice and support on:
- apprenticeships and traineeships, and how the system works
- completing administrative paperwork and registering a training contract
- contacting and enrolling with a Registered Training Organisations (RTO) of your choice
- employer incentives and opportunities
- understanding of rights, responsibilities and obligations as an employer
- transfers, variations, suspensions/cancellations, early completion, termination, period of probation, credit for prior training and experience, and disputes on training matters.
AASN services include a visit to the employer/apprentice/trainee on commencement, further contact within 1 month of the 6-month point of the apprenticeship/ traineeship, and upon request.