REAL SKILLS FOR REAL OUTCOMES
Industry based practical placements provide excellent learning experiences for students.
Practical Placements involve the placement of a Wodonga TAFE student with an employer to undertake workplace learning and assessment, as well as gain hands-on, practical industry experience. Practical Placements are an amazing learning experience for students, and a fantastic avenue for employers to help skill the next generation of workers or even find potential future employees!
Some courses have compulsory placement, and other courses have optional placement.
Student benefits from participating in practical placement include:
- gaining first-hand industry experience
- greater understanding of course content and industry-specific training to make a positive transition to secure employment
- learning critical workplace “soft skills” like problem-solving, time management, leadership and teamwork
- providing an insight into industry career and study pathways opportunities
Host employer benefits of industry practical placements include:
- strengthening and raising your business or community profile
- supporting the training of a new generation of employees
- providing your existing staff with opportunities to develop leadership, mentoring, coaching and delegating skills
- identifying students with potential who could become prospective apprentices/employees
Wodonga TAFE has dedicated Practical Placement support staff who provide advice and guidance to both students and employers about the Practical Placement process.