Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Am I eligible for Skills First Funding?

Can I complete the course faster?

  • This would depend on the method of delivery of the course. Most courses are paced to complete 1 unit per month.

What does 'blended learning' mean?

  • Blended learning means there will be online self-learning combined with on-campus attendance.

Can I defer my offer?

  • No, you can decline your offer and reapply for the course at a later date.

Am I enrolled after I complete my application?

  • No. You will need to attend an interview with your teacher to complete a Pre-Training Review to determine your suitability for the course. If accepted you will be sent an offer which you will need to accept. Your enrolment is not considered complete until you have accepted your offer and organised your payment.

The system says I’m 'Qualified with Conditions', what does this mean?

  • 'Qualified with Conditions' means we may still be waiting on something to finalise your application e.g. ID verification, but your application is still progressing.

Can I get RPL or CT for a course?

  • You may apply for RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) or CT (Credit Transfer) towards your course. This should be discussed with your teacher at time of your interview.

Do we offer courses to international students?

  • No. We do not offer training to student VISA holders.

What happens after I submit my online application?

  • Your application will be processed and checked to ensure all details are correct and complete. If applicable you will be required to complete an ACER (Literacy and Reading) supervised test. It is then forwarded to the department for assessment, and scheduling of an interview with you. Once the teacher has determined your suitability to study the course you will be sent an offer that you will need to accept and organise payment of fees to become enrolled into the course.

What is the expected application time-frame from start to finish?

  • Our Customer Engagement team will get back to you within 48 hours of your initial contact. From that point we will determine a course of action based on your level of study. The department will then get in touch with you and provide an outcome within a brief time-frame.

How do I know how much the course will cost me?

  • Fees will be determined based on your eligibility for government funding and whether or not you hold a current Centrelink concession card.

I have a health care card, do I get a reduced rate?

  • Current and valid health care cards are only applicable if you are also eligible for Skills First Funding.

What is the difference between a part-time course and a full-time course?

  • This is determined based on the amount of days/hours you will be required to attend class combined with your own self-paced learning.

Can I get a payment plan on a short course?

  • No. Conditions apply for payment plans, please contact our Customer Engagement team for more details, phone 1300 698 233, or read more about this on our 'Method of Fee Payment' webpage. 

When can I expect a course commencement date and what days am I meant to be in class?

  • Each course has a different timetable which will be discussed with you by your teacher.

What are the three different fee scales?

  • Fee for Service – Full cost of course with no subsidised fees

  • Government Funded – If you are eligible for Skills First Funding. For more information or to check your eligibility visit the Victorian Skills Gateway website.

  • Concession – If you meet the Skills First Funding criteria AND hold a current and valid concession card

What is a VET Student Loan?

  • The VET Student Loans program assists eligible students pay tuition fees for approved higher-level vocational education and training (VET) courses. This funding is provided by the Australian Government. For more information visit our VET Student Loans webpage

Can I get payment assistance?

Where can I find information about term dates?

  • While most course timetables at Wodonga TAFE follow the Victorian school term dates and holidays, this may vary with some courses. Please check with your teacher for the dates that apply for your course. See the Victorian State Government's Education and Training website for information about Victorian school term dates and holidays