Frequently Asked Questions about the ACER Assessment for the Diploma of Nursing
*Note: The ACER Assessment is undertaken in a supervised testing environment. No third party or children are to be present during this Assessment unless Support Services at Wodonga TAFE has approved a support person.
What is an ACER Assessment?
- The ACER Assessment works to gauge a candidate's current ability (Core Skill level) and provides the training department with information that will assist their staff in supporting individuals through their desired course. At Wodonga TAFE the ACER Literacy, Numeracy and Writing Assessments are conducted for a number of courses prior to the course application progressing to the Pre Training Review for an interview.
How do I book an ACER Assessment?
- Once you have applied for the Diploma of Nursing course, you will be sent an email from our Customer Experience team with a link to book into an available ACER Assessment date.
How do I cancel an ACER Assessment booking?
- As a course applicant you are able to cancel your ACER Assessment booking by calling or emailing the Customer Experience team. Alternatively, you can log into Eventbrite to cancel your Assessment. Note: If you have booked into an ACER Assessment but fail to attend and do not advise our Customer Experience team of your non-attendance then your course application will be withdrawn.
Why is the sample testing form/called Initial Teacher Education testing (teaching degree test)?
- This link is from the ACER website and all content and rights are that of the Australian Council for Education Research (ACER).
What happens if I cannot make it in to Wodonga TAFE to complete the ACER Assessment?
- Please contact our friendly Customer Experience team as soon as possible and we can look into providing alternative options for you.
How will I know if my application has progressed after I have completed the ACER Assessment?
- Once you have completed your ACER Assessment your ACER results will be emailed to you within three (3) business days. The email will advise whether you have met the ACER Exit Level required to progress your application.
What happens if I don’t meet the required ACER Exit Level for the course I have applied for?
- You will be sent an email to advise you can book in for a second attempt at completing your ACER Assessment to achieve the required Exit Level to progress your application to the training department. If you are unsuccessful in receiving the required Exit Level on your second attempt of the ACER Assessment, you will be sent an email offering you an appointment with our Skills and Jobs Centre to discuss potential pathways and other course options that might be better suited.
What if I have already sat the ACER Assessment? How long are my ACER Assessment results valid for?
- Your ACER Assessment results are valid for two (2) years from the date of issue. You will only need to re-sit an ACER Assessment if you have not met the required ACER Exit Level for Numeracy, Literacy, or Writing* of the particular course you have applied for.