Free Infection Control Training for Eligible Individuals
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of building the capacity and understanding of the workforce to practice safe infection control procedures. This training will provide you with the skills and knowledge to assist in protecting yourself and others in the community from infectious diseases. These accredited skill set (short) courses are available for the following industry sectors: food handling, retail, and transport and logistics. You will gain skills and knowledge to understand how infections are spread, ways of preventing the spread of infection, and how to protect yourself and others from infection.
To be eligible to complete a skill set the student must:
- be currently employed in Victoria in a customer-facing role; and
- have not previously completed the skill set that they are applying for, or any other Infection Control Skill Sets.
These accredited courses are now available:
- Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling) HLTSS00066
- Infection Control Skill Set (Retail) HLTSS00065
- Infection Control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics) HLTSS00067