Take your fitness career to the next level! Certificate IV in Fitness is the qualification that is the industry standard you need to work as a personal trainer in the fitness sector. Extend your Fitness knowledge and gain the specialist skills you need to train individuals or groups of clients, to help them improve their fitness. Learn how to plan, conduct, and evaluate exercise training, and to provide leadership and guidance to clients and staff in a diverse range of fitness business settings. This course covers:
- Industry opportunities and insights
- Setting your own goals
- Gym facility tour and study
- Customer service placement
- Practical learning of exercise science
- Group exercise delivery
- Community programs/real client interaction/specific populations and working with allied health
- Functional movement appraisals
- 12-week personal training clinic
- Motivational psychology
- Fitness for adolescents
- Strength and conditioning
Benefit from our new training partnership with PT Fitness Private Studio and gain supervised access to the full range of gym facilities onsite at this local fitness facility!
![alt text]( https://www.wodongatafe.edu.au/Portals/0/PT_Fitness_Logo_Black_Background_webC.jpg?ver=2019-08-09-110822-137 "training partnership with PT Fitness Private Studio")
In addition to the abilities of the Fitness Instructor (Certificate III in Fitness), a Personal Trainer (Certificate IV in Fitness) will be able to:
- Develop, conduct and evaluate long term periodised fitness plans
- Evaluate and analyse the performance of individual clients or groups in a variety of fitness settings
- Provide advice on a range of areas related to health and fitness
- Undertake basic dynamic postural screening using applied biomechanics
- Apply teaching methods and instructional styles in a variety of indoor and outdoor fitness settings
- Supervise and train other fitness staff
- Regularly appraise client's fitness and modify their program accordingly as a Personal Trainer.
SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
SISFFIT016 Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs
SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
SISFFIT021 Instruct personal training programs
SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs
SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
SISXRES001 Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
BSBSMB403 Market the small business
BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
SISFFIT011 Instruct approved community fitness programs
SISSSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
SISSSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs
SISXIND006 Conduct sport, fitness or recreation events
The method of assessment varies and can include (but is not limited to):
- Observation in the workplace or simulated environment
- Written tasks, including quizzes
- Research tasks, including projects
- Oral presentations
- Group work
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
- Personal trainer
- Group fitness leader
- Exercise trainer - personal, aqua, children or older client trainer
- Exercise trainer - program coordinator
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Part-time: 6 months
Tuesday & Wednesday, 9am-3pm.
**Personal Training Clinic:** In a first taste of working with a real client 1-1, students must complete a 12-week personal training clinic consisting of 1 hour a week supervised personal training session with a client from the public. Students will conduct health and fitness assessments then develop and deliver a fitness program. Interactions include delivery of a program adapted to a gym environment as well as a home program. Students learn the importance of ongoing communication to address specific client needs which may lead to program modification. Students interact with allied health professionals by way of writing referral letters in an attempt to enhance the clients experience through collaboration.
**Fitness for adolescents:** Students assist in the delivery of a Community Physical Activity in Schools Program.
**Events:** Join a fitness event team and discover the goals of the event in relation to community.
- A Working With Children Check (WWCC) is a requirement for this course.
- A National Police Check is also a requirement for this course and is required prior to placement.
Successful completion of Certificate III in Fitness or the Certificate III in Fitness Entry Cluster is a prerequisite for entry into the Certificate IV in Fitness.
Government Funded $3,300.00 (Tuition $3,300.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $660.00 (Tuition $660.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $4,675.00 (Tuition $4,675.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding may be made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Materials Included In Fees
- Materials fees will apply for course enrolments in 2020.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
Our delivery schedule has been enhanced:
- to meet the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) requirements
- in conjunction with industry consultation
- for the best student outcomes/industry readiness.
There is a self-directed component associated with this course of up to five hours per week so students will need to manage their own time to include study.
After successfully completing your Certificate IV in Fitness you are eligible to commence a Diploma of Fitness once you have completed one year of industry experience. Industry experience will enhance your prospect of successfully completing the diploma. In addition, Certificate IV in Fitness will provide you with industry insight that may inspire you to follow additional study pathways. Through further training the opportunity for the following careers may evolve:
- Sporting team strength and conditioning coach
- Sports specific coach – squad leader or individuals for example, running, football, triathlon
- Sports trainer
- Community fitness provider
- Sport/recreation facility manager
- Team manager
- Yoga instructor
- Pilates instructor.
When You Can Enrol
Apply online now for the course commencing October 2019.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: