Take your fitness career to the next level! Certificate IV in Fitness is the qualification that is the industry standard you need to work as a personal trainer in the fitness sector. Extend your Fitness knowledge and gain the specialist skills you need to train individuals or groups of clients, to help them improve their fitness. Learn how to plan, conduct, and evaluate exercise training, and to provide leadership and guidance to clients and staff in a diverse range of fitness business settings. This course content includes: industry opportunities and insights; setting your own goals; gym facility tour and study; customer service placement; practical learning of exercise science; group exercise delivery; community programs/real client interaction/specific populations and working with allied health; nutrition; functional movement appraisals; 12-week personal training clinic; motivational psychology; fitness for adolescents; strength and conditioning; business; and events.
- Materials fees may apply for course enrolments.
Dates / Locations
#### When You Can Enrol
Please submit your details via the 'Enquire Now' form to be notified when course dates are available for our next intake in February 2022.
#### Delivery Schedule
Dates/Times: On campus up to 2 days per week, 9am-4pm, as well as online delivery. Online study obligations are for 10 hours per week in addition to face-to-face requirements.
Benefit from our new training partnership with PT Fitness Private Studio and gain supervised access to the full range of gym facilities onsite at this local fitness facility!
![alt text]( https://www.wodongatafe.edu.au/Portals/0/PT_Fitness_Logo_Black_Background_webC.jpg?ver=2019-08-09-110822-137 "training partnership with PT Fitness Private Studio")
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
SISFFIT013 Instruct exercise to young people aged 13 to 17 years
SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
SISFFIT016 Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs
SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
SISFFIT021 Instruct personal training programs
SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs
SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
SISXRES001 Conduct sustainable work practices in open spaces
BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
BSBSMB403 Market the small business
BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
SISFFIT011 Instruct approved community fitness programs
SISSSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
SISSSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs
SISXIND006 Conduct sport, fitness or recreation events
#### Learning Outcomes
In addition to the abilities of the Fitness Instructor (Certificate III in Fitness), a Personal Trainer (Certificate IV in Fitness) will be able to:
- Develop, conduct and evaluate long term periodised fitness plans
- Evaluate and analyse the performance of individual clients or groups in a variety of fitness settings
- Provide advice on a range of areas related to health and fitness
- Undertake basic dynamic postural screening using applied biomechanics
- Apply teaching methods and instructional styles in a variety of indoor and outdoor fitness settings
- Supervise and train other fitness staff
- Regularly appraise client's fitness and modify their program accordingly as a Personal Trainer.
Part-time: 6 months
- Blended – Teaching and assessment will be conducted on-campus and online.
**Personal Training Clinic:** In a first taste of working with a real client 1-1, students must complete a 12-week personal training clinic consisting of 1 hour a week supervised personal training session with a client from the public. Students will conduct health and fitness assessments then develop and deliver a fitness program. Interactions include delivery of a program adapted to a gym environment as well as a home program. Students learn the importance of ongoing communication to address specific client needs which may lead to program modification. Students interact with allied health professionals by way of writing referral letters in an attempt to enhance the clients experience through collaboration.
**Fitness for adolescents:** Students assist in the delivery of a Community Physical Activity in Schools Program.
**Events:** Join a fitness event team and discover the goals of the event in relation to community.
Government Funded $3,450.00 (Tuition $3,300.00, Materials $150.00)
Concession $810.00 (Tuition $660.00, Materials $150.00)
Fee For Service $4,825.00 (Tuition $4,675.00, Materials $150.00)
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding may be made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
- Successful completion of Certificate III in Fitness or the Certificate III in Fitness Entry Cluster is a prerequisite for entry into the Certificate IV in Fitness.
- Successful applicants for this course will be required to obtain a Working with Children’s Check and may be asked to apply for a National Police check prior to placement.
- On receipt of your course application you will be emailed an ‘Application Requirement Questionnaire’ electronic form and you will be required to provide evidence of a Victorian Working With Children’s Check (WWCC).
- All applicants understand there is a selection process that applies to all courses. This process includes: LLN (Literacy, Learning, Numeracy) Assessment; Written Tasks; Group Interview.
- Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Experience team **as soon as possible**.
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
After successfully completing your Certificate IV in Fitness you are eligible to commence a Diploma of Fitness once you have completed one year of industry experience. Industry experience will enhance your prospect of successfully completing the diploma. In addition, Certificate IV in Fitness will provide you with industry insight that may inspire you to follow additional study pathways. Through further training the opportunity for the following careers may evolve:
- Sporting team strength and conditioning coach
- Sports specific coach – squad leader or individuals for example, running, football, triathlon
- Sports trainer
- Community fitness provider
- Sport/recreation facility manager
- Team manager
- Yoga instructor
- Pilates instructor.
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
- Personal trainer
- Group fitness leader
- Exercise trainer - personal, aqua, children or older client trainer
- Exercise trainer - program coordinator
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
The method of assessment varies and can include (but is not limited to):
- Observation in the workplace or simulated environment
- Written tasks, including quizzes
- Research tasks, including projects
- Oral presentations
- Group work
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Also please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: