This WorkSafe approved training course will help a HSR to understand and exercise their powers effectively. This training equips HSRs with the confidence, skills and knowledge to represent their co-workers and to help make their workplace safer. Although HSRs are the primary audience, managers, supervisors, health and safety committee members and anyone with an interest in health and safety may also benefit from attending this course.
![alt text](https://www.wodongatafe.edu.au/Portals/0/images/WorkSafe_Approvedtraining.png "WorkSafe Victoria Approved")
HSRs are entitled to attend an approved five-day training course in work health and safety and a one day refresher course each year during their term of office.
- Interpreting the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing cessation of work
NA498 Election of HSRs/Legislative Duties
NA499 Legislative Framework/Risk Management
NA500 HSRs and OHS Consultation
NA501 Issue Resolution/PINs
NA502 Issue Resolution/HSRs/HSCs
Participants are not required to undertake a formal assessment for this HSR course.
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- Barnawartha North, Vic (Logic campus)
- Mondays 23 Mar to 20 Apr, Room Q46 - Logic Centre, Barnawartha North
- Mondays 11 May to 09 Jun, Room Q46 - Logic Centre, Barnawartha North
- Mondays 29 Jun to 27 Jul, Room Q46 - Logic Centre, Barnawartha North
- Mondays 17 Aug to 14 Sep, Room Q46 - Logic Centre, Barnawartha North
- Mondays 28 Sep to 26 Oct, Room Q46 - Logic Centre, Barnawartha North
- Mondays 09 Nov to 07 Dec, Room Q46 - Logic Centre, Barnawartha North
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Please also note there are NO canteen facilities available at our Logic Campus. There are vending machines with limited options available and a BP Service Station located within 5 minutes’ drive of the campus, otherwise bring your own food and drink when completing a course at our Logic Campus.
Fee For Service $866.50 (Tuition $786.50, Materials $80.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Enrol and pay online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised this course is a non-accredited training program and all units are Wodonga TAFE's internal codes of reference only.
Under the OHS Act 2004 (section 67) all elected HSRs and deputy HSRs are entitled to undertake WorkSafe Victoria approved OHS training for HSRs and choose their training course in consultation with their employer. Wodonga TAFE is approved to deliver the HSR Initial OHS Training Course.
Participants should be informed by the employer of Wodonga TAFE's absenteeism policy. Full five day attendance is compulsory. Make-up days will only be permitted: 1. upon receipt of a doctor’s certificate, 2. under extreme personal circumstances (documented). Make-up days will be considered where appropriate and upon availability of places. Employers will be advised of employees who were absent and on which day of the course.