Gain the skills to start on your career pathway into the printing and graphic arts industry! This practical course will give you hands-on experience and will expose you to the art of designing and printing in a number of ways. You will gain the skills and knowledge you need to competently complete routine or defined tasks in this specialised industry sector, in roles where you work under direct supervision.
#### Delivery Methods
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
#### When You Can Enrol
On-campus: February 2023 intake - apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
On-campus: 2023 course intake commencing Monday 6 February - 2 days per week on campus, (Mondays and Tuesdays) 9am-4pm.
You may enter the qualification with limited or no vocational experience; however we recommend that you have completed Year 10 as a minimum. A pre-training interview is required.
#### Compulsory Units
ICPSUP2030 Prepare and maintain the work area
ICPSUP2160 Inspect quality against required standards in a production environment
ICPDMT3210 Capture digital images
ICPDMT3220 Edit digital images
ICPPRP281 Design basic carton
ICPPRP2110 Develop basic design concepts
ICPPRP2860 Scan images for reproduction
ICPPRP3220 Digitise images for reproduction
ICPPRN2850 Use digital workflow
BSBCMM411 Make presentations
CUAACD311 Produce drawings to communicate ideas
CUAPRI312 Produce prints
#### Selectable Units
Additional selectable units may apply.
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF qualification.
From 1 January 2019, Free TAFE for Priority Courses is a Victorian Government program that will pay your tuition fees to study in this selected course at Wodonga TAFE, if you’re eligible, subject to minimum numbers.
Government Funded $1,192.50 (Tuition $1,192.50, Materials $0.00)
Concession $238.50 (Tuition $238.50, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $2,650.00 (Tuition $2,650.00, Materials $0.00)
#### Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding may be made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ‘Apply Now’ tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Pathways & Careers
- Assistant printing machinist
- Desktop publishing assistant
- Pre-press worker
- Printing operator
- Screen printing assistant
- Digital print operator
This preparatory qualification can lead you into a range of specialist Certificate III qualifications within the printing and graphic arts industry. Continue your studies into the Certificate III in Prepress Graphic Design Production.
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
#### How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
- Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot assessment to complete a Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) assessment online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox. All students are asked to complete an LLN assessment to determine any support requirements and to ensure the course and mode of delivery is suitable for the student.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Experience team as soon as possible.
- Note: Completion of the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.