This course is specifically designed for those people wanting to get a Medium Rigid driver’s licence. Holding a MR licence allows you to drive a vehicle that has a gross vehicle mass (GVM) more than 8 tonnes and has no more than 2 axles. Plenty of driver training time, combined with theoretical and practical learning activities, ensures your best chance of successfully obtaining a medium rigid licence.
Medium Rigid licence is issued by VicRoads.
Dates / Locations
#### When You Can Enrol
Applications are now open for 2021!
#### Delivery Schedule
**Barnawartha North:** Applications for this licence course to be made online, for a preferred month. Follow up contact will then be made to discuss date options.
**Shepparton:** Applications for this licence course to be made online, for a preferred month. Follow up contact will then be made to discuss date options.
**Time:** 8am-4.30pm. This course is delivered on a 1:1 ratio over 1 day.
- Barnawartha North, Vic (Logic campus)
- Shepparton Vic
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
IA207 Medium Rigid Licence
#### Learning Outcomes
Performing cabin checks
Performing pre-drive safety inspections
Turning and handling
Reversing and maneuvering
Gears and their uses
System of vehicle control
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
Fee For Service $1,270.00 (Tuition $1,270.00, Materials $0.00)
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
Please see below: Fees include training, assessment and materials only. They do not include VicRoads heavy vehicle handbook or retesting fees if applicable. Please note fees are an estimate and can only be confirmed upon enrolment.
- Have held an Australian car driver licence for at least 12 months (not including Learner’s Permit).
- Provide primary proof of identification prior to course commencement.
- Meet VicRoads’ eligibility, medical and eyesight requirements.
- If a NSW Licence Holder, applicant must complete RMS Knowledge Test (and follow RMS medical eligibility processes) before commencing the course - booking to be made through Roads and Maritime Services.
- Be able to drive a car with a manual transmission.
- Purchase (or download) and read the VicRoads ‘Bus and Truck Drivers’ handbook. Copies can be purchased from VicRoads or any good Newsagency. Download from VicRoads website.
- Overseas licence holders - contact the Department's VicRoads Admin Officer for further information about eligibility.
Please also note there are NO canteen facilities available at our Logic Campus. There are vending machines with limited options available and a BP Service Station located within 5 minutes’ drive of the campus, otherwise bring your own food and drink when completing a course at our Logic Campus.
Course certified by VicRoads.
You will undergo VicRoads-mandated theory, off-road, and on-road practical (driving) assessments.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts through the Course Eligibility check, if you are eligible to apply, complete an application for the Month you wish to complete the course at either the Barnawartha North (Logic) or Shepparton Campus.
Once your application is received you will be contacted to:
1. Complete a VicRoads Screening Questions form over the phone;
a. If you are taking prescribed medications, we will need to apply for a VicRoads medical clearance prior to undertaking training.
2. Supply a payment method;
a. we will be able to offer you a date to complete the training once above steps are completed.
If you require any assistance, please contact our Customer Experience team on 1300 698 233 or email@example.com
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.