The Certificate III in Health Services Assistance is a great introduction to the healthcare and community services sector. You will learn the skills required for work in a hospital setting or a healthcare facility, and become qualified to work as a compassionate healthcare assistant. Whether you are a school leaver, or returning to study, the Certificate III in Health Services Assistance will provide you with a pathway and possible credits into other courses in health and community services. Note: Although this training is at an introductory level in providing direct patient assistance, this provides a great building block for further study to build your career in this rewarding sector.
#### Delivery Methods
- Blended – Teaching and assessment will be conducted on-campus and online.
- Traineeship – Teaching and assessment will be required to be conducted as part of a traineeship
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
#### When You Can Enrol
- On-campus/blended: Please register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ button to be notified when future intakes are scheduled.
- Traineeship: You will enrol with Wodonga TAFE as part of your traineeship with your employer. The Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) is your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn.
- On-campus - 2 days per week (dates/times to be advised).
- Traineeship - Individual training plans will be developed in consultation with your employer, as part of your traineeship.
All applicants are advised there is a selection process that applies to all courses. This process includes: LLN (Literacy, Learning, Numeracy) Assessment; Written Tasks; Group Interview.
As part of your attendance at a Wodonga TAFE campus you will be required to provide evidence that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please bring this information with you as you will be unable to attend class without registered proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status. If you have an authorised medical exemption from vaccination requirements, you will be required to provide evidence to either your teacher or course coordinator. More information is available via https://www.wodongatafe.edu.au/covid-19
#### Skills developed
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Work with diverse people
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- Participate in work health and safety
- Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- Organise personal work priorities and development
- Assist with movement
- Follow basic food safety practices
- Engage with health professionals and the health system
- Provide first aid
- Work with people with mental health issues
- Manage personal computer.
#### Compulsory Units
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
BSBMED301 Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
CHCCCS002 Assist with movement
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCCCS010 Maintain a high standard of service
CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTFSE001 Follow basic food safety practices
BSBWOR204 Use business technology
#### Selectable Units
Additional selectable units may apply.
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
From 1 January 2019, Free TAFE for Priority Courses is a Victorian Government program that will pay your tuition fees to study in this selected course at Wodonga TAFE, if you’re eligible, subject to minimum numbers.
Government Funded $1,468.75 (Tuition $1,383.75, Materials $85.00)
Concession $361.75 (Tuition $276.75, Materials $85.00)
Fee For Service $2,545.00 (Tuition $2,460.00, Materials $85.00)
#### Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
#### Materials Fees
- Work books
Pathways & Careers
This qualification may lead to a range of job opportunities in the health and community services sector, including the following:
- wards person or ward assistant
- assistant in a community care setting
- domestic care worker
- environmental services attendant
- food services assistant.
On successful completion of this course you may be interested in completing further study in the following areas. This may include other health and community services-related courses such as:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
- Certificate IV in Community Services
- Certificate IV in Disability
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Certificate IV in Massage Therapy
- Diploma of Nursing
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
#### How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
- Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy Assessment online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- All students are asked to complete an LLN assessment to determine any support requirements and to ensure the course and mode of delivery is suitable for the student.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot Assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section included in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot Assessment link please contact our Customer Experience team as soon as possible.
Note: Completion of the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
For traineeship information and enrolments, the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) is your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.