**Are you ready to make a difference? Take the first step towards a job that matters, with a qualification to get you started.**
This course is an ideal starting point, whether you are a school leaver or returning to study, or exploring future career options. You will find out more about rewarding career opportunities in the Health and Community Services sector and discover the many career pathways available. Throughout the course you will gain skills and knowledge for work in entry-level roles under direct supervision, where you are part of a team providing support to individuals and communities.
Come to an Information Session to find out more about career opportunities within the Community Services sector.
Hear from local employers, students, and teachers with industry experience.
- Date: Wednesday 22 March 2023
- Time: 1pm-2.30pm
- Location: TAFEspace, central Wodonga (next to Wodonga Library).
To RSVP for this event, or for further information, please contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 698 233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
#### Delivery Methods
- Blended – Teaching and assessment will be conducted on-campus and online.
- Traineeship – Teaching and assessment will be required to be conducted as part of a traineeship
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
#### When You Can Enrol
- On-campus/blended: April 2023 intake - Apply via the ‘Apply now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
- Traineeship: You will enrol with Wodonga TAFE as part of your traineeship with your employer. The Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) is your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn.
Full-time: 4 months
- On-campus/blended: Commencing Monday 24 April 2023, 2 days per week (Mondays and Tuesdays) 9.30am-3pm. Course delivery is through blended delivery which is a combination of on-campus attendance supported by online learning. Students are required to attend on-campus classes two days per week.
- Traineeship - Individual training plans will be developed in consultation with your employer, as part of your traineeship.
On receipt of your course application you will be emailed an ‘Application Requirement Questionnaire’ electronic form and you will be required to provide evidence of a Working With Children’s Check (WWCC).
#### Information Sessions
[Download 2023 Course Information Session](https://www.wodongatafe.edu.au/Portals/0/2023_Certificate%20II%20in%20Community%20Services%20Information%20Session_Final.pdf)
#### Compulsory Units
CHCCOM001 Provide first point of contact
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
BSBWOR202 Organise and complete daily work activities
CHCVOL001 Be an effective volunteer
FSKDIG03 Use digital technology for routine workplace tasks
BSBPEF201 Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
FSKOCM007 Interact effectively with others at work
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
Government Funded $1,043.75 (Tuition $1,023.75, Materials $20.00)
Concession $224.75 (Tuition $204.75, Materials $20.00)
Fee For Service $1,280.00 (Tuition $1,260.00, Materials $20.00)
#### Fees Additional Information
**Additional course costs that may apply**
Please note depending on individual circumstance there may be additional costs that apply throughout the completion of your qualification. These will be discussed further with your Course Coordinator, and may include:
- Working With Children Check.
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Pathways & Careers
Jobs may include entry level roles where you work under direct supervision in support work roles within Health and Community Service organisations – Aged Care / Disability Support / Residential Support.
As a successful graduate there are further study pathways available. These include qualifications such as Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community), Certificate III in Health Services Assistance, Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance, Certificate IV in Community Services.
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
#### How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
- Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy assessment online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox. All students are asked to complete an LLN assessment to determine any support requirements and to ensure the course and mode of delivery is suitable for the student.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot assessment link please contact our Customer Experience team as soon as possible.
- Note: Completion of the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
For traineeship information and enrolments, the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) is your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.