This qualification provides you with an accredited training program and vocational outcome if you are planning to work in, or are currently working in, a universal service role (helping profession).
This training was developed to equip professionals who do not have family violence as a core function of their role, but who may encounter victim survivors (including children and young people), and perpetrators, through their interactions with children, families and/or adults within their work. This course also provides the foundational understanding of family violence and risk needed for further levels of specialisation. The course provides the skills and knowledge required to identify and respond to family violence risk, including how to:
- adopt and comply with work practices that align with the values, policies and procedures of approved Family Violence Multi Agency Risk Assessment and Management Frameworks (MARAM).
- identify MARAM responsibilities relevant to own role, including the extent and limitations of own role in relation to family violence identification and response.
- engage sensitively and respectfully with service users.
- communicate effectively with service users, colleagues and referring services to determine and initiate an appropriate response.
- undertake identification of family violence risk for a service user in compliance with MARAM.
- utilise referral services appropriate to the family violence risk presentation, including services for children and young people and people from diverse communities.
#### Delivery Methods
- Online – All teaching and assessment will be completed online
- Online Delivery
#### When You Can Enrol
No course dates are scheduled at this time. Please submit your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when the next course dates are available.
4 months (Weekly 2 hour online webinars)
This course is delivered through a series of online face-to-face webinars (via Zoom) and online learning. No classes are scheduled through the holiday breaks.
#### Skills developed
- Identify and provide initial response to family violence risk
#### Compulsory Units
VU22733 Identify and provide initial response to family violence risk
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification
Government Funded $500.00 (Tuition $500.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $100.00 (Tuition $100.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $1,200.00 (Tuition $1,200.00, Materials $0.00)
#### Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ‘Apply Now’ tab on our website.
#### Materials Fees
- Materials fees may apply for course enrolments.
Pathways & Careers
Domestic Family Violence specialisation for people working in the helping professions.
This course may lead to advanced studies in this industry sector or related areas.
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
#### How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online 'Enquire Now' form. Also please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Experience team **as soon as possible.**
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.