Academic skills & study support
Here at Wodonga TAFE we are dedicated to ensuring your success. The friendly staff in Academic Learner Support are available to help you develop your academic and study skills.
Academic assistance and study support for students, including support for culturally and linguistically diverse students, is available to all students at Wodonga TAFE. This includes the support provided through the TUTORspace in Upper Building A. You may also find answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the 'Ask a Question' website, where you are also able to submit a question online for the librarian or an academic support tutor to respond within 24 hours.
There are many reasons why you may need help with your studies. For example, you may:
- be returning to study many years after you last studied
- have difficulties with written text because English is an additional language for you
- have difficulties with reading and writing due to a learning disorder such as dyslexia
- not have prior experience in formal report or essay writing
- be required to master learning in areas where you have previously had difficulty, for example, studying maths as part of an engineering course.
Academic assistance is provided in a range of ways to students, after consultation with Wodonga TAFE's Academic Learner Support Coordinator. Assistance may include:
- one-on-one tutoring
- participation in a group tutoring session
- one-on-one support with assignment writing, through proofreading and feedback
- participation in study skills sessions that are offered periodically by Wodonga TAFE, such as: how to plan and write essays, how to write reports, maths for beginners, or advanced maths for engineering
- time management skills
- computer skills
- exam preparation.
Please contact the Academic Learner Support Coordinator for more information.
Phone 1300 698 233 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org