TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting this scholarship application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand and agree to the following scholarship Terms and Conditions.
The Terms and Conditions must be read in their entirety before an applicant applies for the Destination Australia Scholarship.
Successful applicants, by accepting their scholarship offer will be agreeing to and accepting these Terms and Conditions.
2. Scholarship offer
Successful scholarship applicants will receive:
- a Letter of Offer
- Terms and Conditions specific to their scholarship.
The Letter of Offer will provide advice on how to accept or reject the scholarship offer. If this is not completed the scholarship may be withdrawn and/or reallocated.
Communication in the application process will be conducted mainly via email. Always ensure that the email address provided in the scholarship application is valid. Regularly check your email account for updates/information. For shortlisted applicants, communication may be made with you online, via telephone or through an interview process if required by the Assessment Panel.
All applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to be able to apply for the Destination Australia Scholarship.
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, permanent humanitarian visa holder or a New Zealand citizen
- be completing a full-time course at Wodonga TAFE with no more than one-third of the course to be delivered by distance or online.
- have commenced this particular course in 2020
- be completing study in an eligible Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level qualification
- be maintaining ongoing residency in our regional area
5. Enrolment requirements
All scholarships are awarded on the basis that the scholarship holder will maintain an active enrolled status in their course of study. The scholarship may be cancelled if the enrolment status becomes inactive. Regular contact will be made with the scholarship applicant to support them in the completion of their studies.
6. Deferring your scholarship
Destination Australia Scholarships cannot be deferred, and if not taken up within three weeks of an offer being made, the offer will be withdrawn.
7. Transferring to another course
If the scholarship holder transfers to a new course, the scholarship cannot be transferred and ceases.
8. Withdrawing from your course
If the scholarship holder withdraws from their course or fails to continue to meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship, the scholarship will cease and the scholarship holder will not receive any further funding support.
9. Scholarship value
The scholarship is $15,000 for the 2020 academic year. It is provided to assist the scholarship holder with living and studying costs associated with studying in a regional area and at Wodonga TAFE.
10. Scholarship payment
Four payments of $3,750 per payment will be made in term 1, 2, 3 and 4 providing the applicant’s scholarship eligibility and enrolment requirements are still being met.
Cases of extreme hardship may request an alteration to this payment schedule.
11. Retaining your scholarship
To retain the scholarship, the scholarship holder must:
- continue to adhere to all Destination Australia eligibility criteria
- maintain enrolment in and satisfactorily attend the nominated course at Wodonga TAFE as a full-time on-campus student
- adhere to Wodonga TAFEs academic and administrative policies including policies regarding student discipline
- adhere to the Terms and Conditions as outlined in this document.
12. Scholarship duration
The scholarship is for enrolments in the 2020 year. The Destination Australia Scholarship will cease at the conclusion of the 2020 academic year, or the conclusion of the scholarship holder’s course, or if the scholarship is terminated under these Terms and Conditions.
The scholarship holder must participate in Destination Australia student and graduate surveys regarding the course, and the experiences living in the regional area as part of the Australian Government reporting requirements for this scholarship.
This scholarship is not transferable to another course/campus, individual or education institution/training organisation.
There are no appeals for unsuccessful scholarship applications.
The personal information is supplied to Wodonga TAFE on the Destination Australia Scholarship Application form will be used to:
- assess eligibility
- perform any associated administration functions relating to the application process
The scholarship applicant’s privacy will be respected at all stages of the process and their information will not be used for any other purpose.
17. Wodonga TAFE marketing
If the successful applicant chooses to accept the Destination Australia scholarship, they may be asked to:
- share their experiences about how the scholarship has assisted them with their study
- participate in events and activities to promote the scholarship program, including public speaking, media interviews and photographs (participation in these events and activities is voluntary).
Wodonga TAFE has a zero-tolerance attitude towards any attempts to gain a benefit fraudulently from the Australian Government. Wodonga TAFE has the right to vary or reverse any decision regarding a Destination Australia Scholarship that is made on the basis of incorrect or incomplete information.
19. Employees of Wodonga TAFE are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
20. No Destination Australia scholarship application received after the closing date/time will be considered in that Destination Australia Scholarship round.