The Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) is a senior secondary qualification and is accredited with the Victorian Qualifications Authority. At Foundation level, students learn under close supervision with high levels of direction. Knowledge and employability skills development is supported by a strong emphasis on literacy and numeracy skills and preparatory learning. In addition to VCAL units, students will enrol into an industry 'taster' or units from the Warehousing vocational stream. This opportunity provides great insight into the chosen industry and enables a pathway to further studies in this area.
Dates / Locations
Minimum 3 days per week from 9.15am-2:45pm
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
LIT011 Literacy Skills Foundation Reading and Writing
LIT012 Literacy Skills Foundation Oral Communication
NUM011 Numeracy Skills Foundation
PDS011 Personal Development Skills Unit 1 (Foundation)
PDS012 Personal Development Skills Unit 2 (Foundation)
WRS011 Work Related Skills Unit 1 (Foundation)
WRS012 Work Related Skills Unit 2 (Foundation)
#### Selectable Units
Additional selectable units apply depending on the vocational/industry area chosen for your VCAL.
#### Learning Outcomes
- **Literacy skills** - Learners who successfully complete this unit will be able to use and review verbal transactions across a broad range of contexts.
- **Work Related Skills** - Learners will be required to demonstrate employability skills at entry level including; planning, organisation, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills and be able to apply these in a work-related project.
- **Personal Development** - Learners will develop communication and team work skills including decision making, goal setting, cultural awareness, problem solving, communication and critical reflection. They will be required to design and implement a community project that demonstrates social engagement and civic and civil responsibility.
- **Industry specific skills** - Learners gain specific work skills tailored to a particular industry.
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
In addition to scheduled classes, students may be required to participate in structured workplace learning activities.
Government Funded $2,750.00 (Tuition $2,750.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $550.00 (Tuition $550.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $4,500.00 (Tuition $4,500.00, Materials $0.00)
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Successful completion of this course may lead to further study opportunities.
[See Uni Pathways](/Support-Services/Pathways/Pathways-to-University)
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a Foundation VCAL Statement of attainment from the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority.
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A range of assessment strategies to meet different student’s needs will be selected, and may include: a portfolio of student work, participation in class/community projects, written questions and observation of skills.
How to apply
Before you apply for this course, please contact Wodonga TAFE to arrange a pre-training interview, including a language, literacy and numeracy assessment.
After this our application procedure is as follows:
1. Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the 'Enquire Now' form. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
2. On completion of the pre-training interview, you will be notified of acceptance into the course.
3. We will then process your enrolment at which time your fees are payable. You will be provided with a training plan listing the units you are enrolled in.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.