This program is for anyone wanting to further or start their career in an operational capacity. Certificate III qualified personnel typically work in a variety of warehousing and logistics roles with minimum supervision and are responsible for working within a team environment, and for the quality of their work outcomes. Suitably qualified people with a Certificate III are required by all manufacturing, supply chain and transport industries which can lead to other opportunities and career development. This qualification plays an incredibly important role in business operations. This is a great starting point for working towards a supervisory or managerial role.
#### Delivery Methods
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- Traineeship – Teaching and assessment will be required to be conducted as part of a traineeship
- Barnawartha North, Vic (Logic campus)
#### When You Can Enrol
On-campus: Applications now open for our May intake! Applications close 27 April.
Traineeship: For traineeship information, please contact the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) which is your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn.
ON-CAMPUS, PART-TIME: 10 MONTHS, OR TRAINEESHIP, PART-TIME: 24 MONTHS
**Course Date:** Commencing 2 May - two days per week (Mondays & Tuesdays).
**Time:** 8.30am - 3.00pm
Traineeship - Individual training plans will be developed in consultation with your employer, as part of your traineeship.
- There are no academic or work experience requirements for this course. Although knowledge of supply chain functions would be advantageous.
- You must be 18 years of age for application of a National Forklift Licence.
Please also note there are NO canteen facilities available at our Shepparton or Logic Campus’. There are vending machines with limited options available at Logic and take away options located within a 5 minutes’ drive of the campus, otherwise bring your own food and drink when completing a course at either Campus.
#### Field Placement
At this stage no placements being considered, however industry visits may be organised during the course.
#### Other Information
Appropriate clothing must be worn,
• Enclosed footwear must be worn.
• Appropriate clothing to suit weather conditions.
• Hi Vis vests will be provided by WIOT.
#### Skills developed
You will gain the skills, knowledge and expertise required to operate in a Supply Chain environment either individually or as part of a team, including:
• Compliance, Work health and safety and the working environment
• Safe storage of goods and products
• Receivable and dispatch procedures and documentation requirements
• Inventory systems
• Estimate and calculate mass, weights and dimensions
• Leadership and communications
• Safe manual handling
• Forklift operations
• Stock taking operations
#### Compulsory Units
TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
TLIF0009 Ensure the safety of transport activities (Chain of Responsibility)
TLIA0004 Complete receival and despatch documentation
TLIA0010 Identify goods and store to specifications
TLIA0015 Organise receival and despatch operations
TLIB2001 Check and assess operational capabilities of equipment
TLID2004 Load and unload goods/cargo
TLID3011 Conduct specialised forklift operations
TLIF3003 Implement and monitor work health and safety procedures
TLIL1001 Complete workplace orientation/induction procedures
TLIU2012 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
TLIF1001 Follow work health and safety procedures
TLID1002 Shift a load using manually-operated equipment
- Forklift operations licence (only if selected as an elective unit in traineeships)
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
From 1 January 2019, Free TAFE for Priority Courses is a Victorian Government program that will pay your tuition fees to study in this selected course at Wodonga TAFE, if you’re eligible, subject to minimum numbers.
Government Funded $2,465.00 (Tuition $2,400.00, Materials $65.00)
Concession $545.00 (Tuition $480.00, Materials $65.00)
Fee For Service $3,665.00 (Tuition $3,600.00, Materials $65.00)
#### Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ‘Apply Now’ tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Pathways & Careers
General Warehouse Operator
Warehouse Team Leader / Supervisor
This qualification may lead to;
• Certificate IV Logistics
• Diploma of Logistics
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
#### How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
For traineeship information and enrolments, please contact the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) which is your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn.
- Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot assessment to complete a Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) assessment online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox. All students are asked to complete an LLN assessment to determine any support requirements and to ensure the course and mode of delivery is suitable for the student.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need to use a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot assessment link please contact our Customer Experience team **as soon as possible**.
Note: Completion of the LLN assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.