(Please note displayed fees are for 2022 and may change for 2023.)
Become an event management star! The Diploma of Event Management focuses on all aspects of event management and helps you develop a flexible skill-set relevant to many industry roles and event types. You will collaborate with industry and be involved in a range of in-house and external events from the initial concept and design stage, through to planning, styling, onsite management, and evaluation.
You will learn a range of project management, marketing, budgeting, and hospitality skills to ensure you enter the workforce with well-rounded business knowledge and hands-on experience managing real-life events. From weddings to festivals and regional events, skilled event management staff are highly sought after! Practical learning and assessment at Wodonga TAFE is delivered in various events contexts, including a commercial restaurant environment, gallery and function space.
#### Delivery Methods
- Blended – Teaching and assessment will be conducted on-campus and online.
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
#### When You Can Enrol
- On-campus/blended - February 2023 intake: Apply via the ‘Apply now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
Full time: 10 months
- On campus/blended: 2023 course intake commencing Thursday 9 February (classes 2 days per week - days to be advised). Attendance is required on both days.
- Plus further online learning and assessments (approximately 10 hours per week in addition to on campus classroom requirements).
- Plus 1-2 days of practical experience in event management is available throughout the duration of the course.
You will need to meet the requirements that specifically relate to the Wodonga TAFE facilities and the incumbent WHS and regulatory requirements of any internal or external events that you attend, and may also include WWCC, RSA and Food safety.
It is recommended that the student has access to their own computer at home with access to the internet. Students will be required to complete work in their own time outside of classroom hours.
#### Field Placement
This course includes the opportunity for optional industry placement. You'll be able to work with an employer to gain hands-on, relevant industry skills. This will help you gain a broader understanding of the industry, and build direct connections and networks with employers.
There is no requirement for work placement. However you will be invited to assist at various external events.
#### Skills developed
Gain both operational and strategic planning and management skills that can be utilised in the events, tourism and hospitality industry. Learning outcomes include:
- Front of house/customer service
- Event knowledge
- Event staging a registration support
- Effective work practices
- Styling and creative skills
- Project management skills
#### Compulsory Units
SITEEVT001 Source and use information on the events industry
SITEEVT003 Coordinate on-site event registrations
SITEEVT008 Manage event staging components
SITEEVT010 Manage on-site event operations
SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
SITXMGT003 Manage projects
SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
SITEEVT002 Process and monitor event registrations
SITEEVT005 Plan in-house events or functions
SITEEVT006 Develop conference programs
SITEEVT007 Select event venues and sites
SITXMPR004 Coordinate marketing activities
BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
SITXMPR001 Coordinate production of brochures and marketing materials
BSBPUB402 Develop public relations campaigns
SITEEVT011 Research event industry trends and practice
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
Government Funded $5,825.00 (Tuition $5,825.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $8,155.00 (Tuition $8,155.00, Materials $0.00)
#### Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'How to Apply' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
VET Student Loans may be available to eligible individuals. For more information, visit https://www.education.gov.au/vet-student-loans or see the ‘VET Student Loans’ page on our website under the ‘How to Apply’ tab.
Pathways & Careers
Possible job titles include:
- conference coordinator
- event or exhibition coordinator
- event or exhibition planner
- event sales coordinator
- function coordinator
- in-house meetings coordinator
- meetings coordinator
- staging coordinator
- venue coordinator
Events are diverse in nature and this qualification provides you with a pathway to work for event or exhibition organisations operating in a range of industries including the tourism and travel, hospitality, sport, cultural and community sectors. If you are keen to continue to further studies, successful completion of this qualification may give you direct credit into a university degree. Find out more at www.wodongatafe.edu.au/careerdirect
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
#### How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
- Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy assessment online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox. All students are asked to complete an LLN assessment to determine any support requirements and to ensure the course and mode of delivery is suitable for the student.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot assessment link please contact our Customer Experience team as soon as possible.
- Note: Completion of the LLN Robot assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.