If you want to explore your culinary skills and develop skills to create amazing desserts this is the course for you! This qualification will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to produce a range of patisserie products as a qualified cook. Following completion of this course, work could be undertaken in various hospitality enterprises where patisserie products are prepared and served, including patisseries, restaurants, hotels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops. Individuals may also have some responsibility for others and provide technical advice and support to a team.
- Controlling stock and costs
- Ensuring a safe and hygienic workplace
- Interpret financial information
- Decorating of cakes and cookies
- Produce pastries, desserts, cakes, yeast goods
- Chocolate and petit fours
- Serving preparation
- Numerical applications in the workplace
BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
SITHCCC011 Use cookery skills effectively
SITHKOP001 Clean kitchen premises and equipment
SITHPAT001 Produce cakes
SITHPAT002 Produce gateaux, torten and cakes
SITHPAT003 Produce pastries
SITHPAT004 Produce yeast-based bakery products
SITHPAT005 Produce petits fours
SITHPAT006 Produce desserts
SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items
SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
SITHPAT008 Produce chocolate confectionery
SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
SITHPAT007 Prepare and model marzipan
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A range of assessment strategies to meet student needs will be selected.
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
- Patisserie worker
- Patisserie apprenticeship
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- Apprenticeship – Teaching and assessment will be required to be conducted as part of an apprenticeship
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Full-time on campus (non-apprenticeship): 10 months. Apprenticeship: 3 years.
On campus: Mondays and Tuesdays
Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Experience team **as soon as possible.**
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
Government Funded $2,499.00 (Tuition $2,499.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $499.80 (Tuition $499.80, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $4,284.00 (Tuition $4,284.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online 'Enquire Now' form. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.
When You Can Enrol
Apply now for the course commencing February 2021.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: