Develop a range of skills fit for work and gain the edge on your competition! Learn from industry-current teachers who are passionate about this ever-evolving and exciting industry. As an on-campus student you will be involved in a variety of services and events, both on and off campus, which will further build your knowledge and confidence to step into any industry environment. After successful completion of this qualification you may take up employment options or travel while earning, or continue to further study.
As a trainee this qualification provides a pathway to study as you work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafes and espresso bars.
- Safe Food Handling Certification
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification (NSW/ VIC)
Dates / Locations
#### When You Can Enrol
- On campus options: please submit your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when applications are open for the next course.
- For traineeship information please contact the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) as your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn
#### Delivery Schedule
- On campus: 2 days (days/dates to be advised for next intake).
- Traineeship - Individual training plans will be developed in consultation with your employer, as part of your traineeship.
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions
SITHFAB001 Clean and tidy bar areas
BSBWOR202 Organise and complete daily work activities
#### Learning Outcomes
A successful student will gain a range of well-developed hospitality service, sales and operational skills and a sound knowledge of Industry operations. You will gain and further enhance your skills in communication, teamwork, problem solving, technology and self-management skills and also learn essential business skills.
Full Time: On-campus, 10 months Traineeship: Employer-based, 12-24 months depending on agreement with employer
- Traineeship – Teaching and assessment will be required to be conducted as part of a traineeship
- On-campus – Teaching is conducted on campus
Students are required to complete a minimum of 36 service periods (shifts). Wodonga TAFE will provide a set number of compulsory service periods, in which the student will be required to secure the remainder units within industry. Support will be provided through course coordinator and also the Skills and Jobs Centre.
From 1 January 2019, Free TAFE for Priority Courses is a Victorian Government program that will pay your tuition fees to study in this selected course at Wodonga TAFE, if you’re eligible, subject to minimum numbers.
Government Funded $2,760.00 (Tuition $2,760.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $552.00 (Tuition $552.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $6,624.00 (Tuition $6,624.00, Materials $0.00)
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Experience team **as soon as possible.**
Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview.
If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
The Hospitality and Events industry is diverse in nature, and this qualification allows for multi-skilling and specialisation in a variety of different sectors. After successful completion of the Certificate III in Hospitality students have the option to continue onto further study.
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Functions Attendant
- Bar Attendant
- Espresso Coffee Machine Operator
- Conference Assistant
- Event or Exhibition Administrative Assistant
- Event or Exhibition Assistant
- Venue Assistant
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A range of assessment strategies to meet different student’s needs will be selected.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in the course information page for personal enrolments. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online 'Enquire Now' form. Also please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
For traineeship information please contact the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) as your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: