**Industry-supported Cookery pre-apprenticeship course**
This innovative course will help you gain the practical skills you need to work in a commercial kitchen or catering operation. You will learn food preparation and presentation skills to help you gain employment in this dynamic industry!
Course highlights include:
- Pathway to an apprenticeship
- Industry supported
- Master classes
- Mobile food truck for training and pop-up events.
Dates / Locations
#### When You Can Enrol
Register your expression of interest to be notified when the next course is scheduled. Submit your enquiry via the online form. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For traineeship information and enrolments contact an Apprenticeship Network Provider - https://www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/find-my-aasn-by-region
#### Delivery Schedule
February 2020: Thursday and Friday, 9am-4pm, on campus.
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
SITHCCC011 Use cookery skills effectively
SITHKOP001 Clean kitchen premises and equipment
SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items
SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
SITHCCC002 Prepare and present simple dishes
SITHCCC004 Package prepared foodstuffs
BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
SITHCCC003 Prepare and present sandwiches
#### Selectable Units
Additional selectable units may apply.
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
All students will be placed into a work environment, in a variety of establishments in your local region. This will give students opportunities for hands-on training to support their formal learning.
Government Funded $1,245.00 (Tuition $1,245.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $249.00 (Tuition $249.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $2,490.00 (Tuition $2,490.00, Materials $0.00)
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ‘Apply Now’ tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Engagement team **as soon as possible.**
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Certificate III in Patisserie
- Certificate III in Hospitality
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
This course may lead to a cookery apprenticeship. Further study and career opportunities may include roles such as:
- Cookery Apprentice
- Qualified Chef
- Assistant Cook
- Kitchen Hand
- Catering Assistant
- Second Cook
- Breakfast Cook
- Short Order Cook
- Fast Food Cook
- Take-away Cook
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
The assessments will include the validation of underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A range of assessment strategies to meet different learner needs will be selected. Assessment strategies may include:
- Research Projects
- Written Questions
- Oral Presentations
- Case Study
- Group Discussions
- Log Book
- Work Related Projects
- Practical Experience
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in the course information page for personal enrolments. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
For traineeship enrolments contact an Apprenticeship Network Provider - https://www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/find-my-aasn-by-region
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.