This course is a perfect start to experience the hospitality industry. You will gain the foundation skills to build your knowledge and practical understanding of this exciting industry. You will be involved in a variety of hospitality settings gaining real experience in both front of house (restaurant, café, bar) and back of house (kitchen). On successful completion of this course you may have the opportunity to continue to the Certificate III in Hospitality SIT30616, where you will further build your back of house and front of house knowledge and practical skills with real industry experience, taking you to the next level of a rewarding career.
Dates / Locations
- Term 1: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Term 2: Mondays and Tuesdays
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
SITHIND003 Use hospitality skills effectively
SITXCCS003 Interact with customers
SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITXCCS002 Provide visitor information
SITHCCC003 Prepare and present sandwiches
SITHFAB001 Clean and tidy bar areas
SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
Government Funded $1,056.00 (Tuition $1,056.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $211.20 (Tuition $211.20, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $2,816.00 (Tuition $2,816.00, Materials $0.00)
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ‘Apply Now’ tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
- Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Experience team **as soon as possible**.
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
The Hospitality and Events industries are diverse, and this qualification allows you to multi-skill and specialise in a variety of different sectors. After successful completion of the Certificate II in Hospitality students have the option to continue on to further study.
[See Uni Pathways](/Support-Services/Pathways/Pathways-to-University)
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
The assessments will include the validation of underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A range of assessment strategies to meet different learner needs will be selected.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in the course information page for personal enrolments. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online 'Enquire Now' form. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.