The Salon Assistant qualification is a great introduction to the hair and beauty industries. This entry-level qualification will provide you with a range of basic skills and knowledge for work in hairdressing salons. This combined skills and knowledge can lead you to employment outcomes such as a Salon Assistant, and provide you with a pathway to further training in the Certificate III in Hairdressing.
You will learn how to provide assistance with client services, and conduct routine tasks under direct supervision and with guidance from hairdressers who manage the client services of hairdressing. With on-campus classes within the Hair Design Salon at Wodonga TAFE, you will develop your skills in a hands-on practical environment.
Dates / Locations
#### When You Can Enrol
Apply online now for the course commencing Wednesday 11 August 2021.
Note: If the course is not available for application please register your details via the 'Enquire Now' form to be contacted when course dates become available.
#### Delivery Schedule
Dates/Time: Commencing Wednesday 11 August 2021 (Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays, 9am-4pm (3 days per week)
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
SHBHBAS001 Provide shampoo and basin services
SHBHDES001 Dry hair to shape
SHBHIND001 Maintain and organise tools, equipment and work areas
SHBXCCS001 Conduct salon financial transactions
SHBXCCS003 Greet and prepare clients for salon services
SHBXIND001 Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
SHBXIND002 Communicate as part of a salon team
SHBHCLS001 Apply hair colour products
SHBHDES002 Braid hair
SHBXCCS004 Recommend products and services
SIRRINV001 Receive and handle retail stock
#### Learning Outcomes
- Client consultation
- Shampoo and basin services
- Communicating with clients and team members
- Finish short to medium length hair design
- Organisation of tools, equipment and work areas
- Colour application
- Hairdressing industry knowledge
- Product knowledge
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
From 1 January 2019, Free TAFE for Priority Courses is a Victorian Government program that will pay your tuition fees to study in this selected course at Wodonga TAFE, if you’re eligible, subject to minimum numbers.
Government Funded $1,285.00 (Tuition $1,035.00, Materials $250.00)
Concession $457.00 (Tuition $207.00, Materials $250.00)
Fee For Service $3,010.00 (Tuition $2,760.00, Materials $250.00)
Applicants who have successfully completed Year 10, of the legal school leaving age of 17 years will have the academic skills to undertake this course.
Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Experience team **as soon as possible**.
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
Certificate III in Hairdressing
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A range of assessment strategies to meet different student’s needs will be selected, including theoretical and practical assessments, assessing your hair design and capabilities.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, please submit your enquiry via the online form below. Also please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.