This WorkSafe-approved Refresher training course will assist the understanding of HSRs and Deputy HSRs in how they can effectively use their powers when participating in the identification, prevention and control of the risks associated with Plant (Machinery and Equipment).
![alt text](https://www.wodongatafe.edu.au/Portals/0/images/WorkSafe_Approvedtraining.png "WorkSafe Victoria Approved")
Dates / Locations
#### When You Can Enrol
Apply online now for the course date you’re interested in.
Note: If course dates are not available for online application, please submit your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when course dates are scheduled.
Under the OHS Act (section 67), all elected HSRs and Deputy HSRs, after completing the Initial training course, have an entitlement (for each year they hold office) to attend refresher training and choose their course in consultation with their employer.
#### Delivery Schedule
**McKoy St, Wodonga (Main Campus):**
- Wednesday 29 June
- Wednesday 14 September
- Wednesday 12 October
- Wednesday 16 November
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
NA506 HSR Refresher OHS Training Course - Plant
#### Learning Outcomes
- Interpreting the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing cessation of work
- On-campus – Teaching is conducted on campus
Fee For Service $280.00 (Tuition $245.00, Materials $35.00)
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
It's advisable that you have completed the Health and Safety Representative's Initial Occupational Health and Safety training before undertaking this Refresher Course.
Participants are not required to undertake a formal assessment for this HSR course.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.