This qualification focuses on the essential skills you need to be successful in this exciting growth industry. This course is a perfect blend of creativity, theoretical elements, technical knowledge and practical skills required within the interior design industry. You will work with real-life client briefs and engage directly with industry to develop your concepts into fully resolved solutions for your client. Successful completion of this course offers you a pathway and one year’s credit into the Diploma of Interior Design.
There are no specific licences that relate to this qualification. Work will require access to construction sites and you will require construction induction training and certification (white card) covered by the unit MSMWHS200 Work safely in the construction industry.
Dates / Locations
#### When You Can Enrol
Applications are open for midyear 2021 - apply online now for the course commencing in July.
Note: If the course is not available for online application, please submit your enquiry via the online 'Enquire Now' form to be notified when applications re-open.
#### Delivery Schedule
**Full-time:** Commencing February 2021, 3 days on campus: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, 9am-4pm.
**Part-time:** Commencing July 2021, 1 evening on campus, Thursday, 6pm-9pm.
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
BSBDES302 Explore and apply the creative design process to 2D forms
BSBDES303 Explore and apply the creative design process to 3D forms
CUAACD301 Produce drawings to communicate ideas
CUAACD303 Produce technical drawings
MSFGN4001 Research and meet ethical and compliance requirements
MSFID4012 Decorate residential interiors
MSFID4016 Design colour schemes for interior and exterior spaces
CUADIG303 Produce and prepare photo images
CUADIG304 Create visual design components
MSFID4015 Prepare materials and finishes boards for client presentation
MSFID4017 Research and recommend furniture and accessories
MSFID4019 Research interior decoration and design influences
MSFSF3008 Measure up and calculate fabric quantities for window coverings
MSFSF3010 Advise customers on interior decoration
BSBDES304 Source and apply design industry knowledge
MSFID4014 Produce digital models and documentation for interior design projects
MSFID4018 Research and recommend hard materials and finishes for interiors
#### Selectable Units
Additional selectable units may apply.
#### Learning Outcomes
This qualification is used to develop skills and a breadth, depth and complexity of knowledge in a range of decoration advice and services, including:
- research and analysis of the client’s goals and requirements
- planning, designing and arranging space
- interior styling
- specifying finishes and furnishings
- selection of colours
- specifications and purchasing
- effective visual communication
- design history, themes and styles.
Full-time: 1 year; Blended: Part-time 18 months
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- Blended – Teaching and assessment will be conducted on-campus and online.
There are no field placements associated with this course, students receive extensive and direct industry engagement during the course. All students have the opportunity to exhibit their work at various points throughout the year. All students participate in a major exhibition in November each year. This is an excellent opportunity to start or extend your exhibition practice for your portfolio.
Government Funded $3,312.00 (Tuition $3,312.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $662.40 (Tuition $662.40, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $5,796.00 (Tuition $5,796.00, Materials $0.00)
Additional fee assistance may be available for eligible individuals, as part of State & Commonwealth government initiatives. Materials fees may apply.
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ‘Apply Now’ tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
You will be required to obtain your White Card, which will be through an external source, at a cost of between $60-$80.
- Full-time delivery (day-time course): there are no formal entry requirements, however we recommend that you have completed Year 10 as a minimum, or that you enrol as a mature-aged student. A pre-training interview is required prior to entry into the course.
- Part-time blended learning delivery (evening course): you need to have high-level digital skills with some industry experience. Your suitability for this delivery type will be determined at an interview with the course coordinator. A pre-training interview is required prior to entry into the course.
Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Engagement team **as soon as possible.**
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
- Diploma of Interior Design.
- Additional pathways for higher education can be achieved through the interior design and decoration qualifications. These include interior design, graphic design, visual communication, architecture and industrial design. Contact universities directly for credit pathways.
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
Employment opportunities may include roles such as:
- interior decorators
- colour consultants
- visual communication
- customer service
- technical drawing and documentation
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF qualification.
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the specific unit outcomes. A range of assessment strategies will be utilised, including practical assessments, theoretical assessments such as written tasks and tests, as well as displaying your technical abilities through project based assessments.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Also please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: