Start your career in the graphic design or printing industry. No previous experience is required, just a keen interest and a creative mind! You will develop the foundation skills you need to work as an assistant or junior graphic designer. You’ll gain creative and practical skills in the areas of graphic design, advertising, packaging, printing, sign writing, and electronic media. This course has a particular focus on print production whilst covering the design essentials.
Dates / Locations
#### When You Can Enrol
- Register your details via the 'Enquire Now' form to be notified when this course is open for applications into the 2022 intake.
- For apprenticeship information please contact the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) which is your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn.
#### Delivery Schedule
- On campus: Dates and times to be advised for 2022.
- Apprenticeship: Individual training plans will be developed in consultation with your employer, as part of your apprenticeship.
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
ICPKNW3220 Develop and apply knowledge of the printing and graphic arts industry
ICPSUP2160 Inspect quality against required standards in a production environment
ICPSUP2600 Maintain a safe work environment
ICPSUP2620 Communicate in the workplace
CUAACD201 Develop drawing skills to communicate ideas
CUAGRD302 Use typography techniques
ICPPRN284 Use colour management systems
ICPPRP224 Produce pages using a page layout application
ICPDMT3220 Edit digital images
ICPPRP2110 Develop basic design concepts
ICPPRP2210 Select and apply type
ICPPRP2250 Produce graphics using graphics applications
ICPPRP2520 Output images
ICPPRP3240 Create pages using page layout applications
ICPDMT3210 Capture digital images
ICPPRN3890 Manage digital files
ICPPRP3110 Develop detailed design concepts
ICPPRP3250 Create graphics using graphics applications
ICPPRP3850 Operate databases for digital printing
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
#### Learning Outcomes
- Typography, layout and design
- Production, manipulation and processing of digital images
- Drawing techniques
- Preparation of text and graphic files for print processing
12 months. Apprenticeship: Employer-based, 12-24 months depending on agreement with employer
- Blended – Teaching and assessment will be conducted on-campus and online.
Government Funded $3,680.00 (Tuition $3,680.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $736.00 (Tuition $736.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $6,440.00 (Tuition $6,440.00, Materials $0.00)
You may enter the qualification with limited or no vocational experience; however we recommend that you have completed Year 10 as a minimum. A pre-training interview is required prior to course entry.
- Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Experience team as soon as possible.
Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
At the completion of this qualification students may choose to apply for further studies with the Certificate IV in Design
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
- Desktop publisher
- Assistant graphic artist
- Publications and communications assistant
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A range of assessment strategies to meet different student’s needs will be selected, including portfolio evaluation, given tasks and assignments.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Also please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For apprenticeship information please contact the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) which is your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: