Start your career in the graphic design or printing industry. No previous experience is required, just a keen interest and a creative mind! You will develop the foundation skills you need to work as an assistant or junior graphic designer. You’ll gain creative and practical skills in the areas of graphic design, advertising, packaging, printing, sign writing, and electronic media. This course has a particular focus on print production whilst covering the design essentials.
- Typography, layout and design
- Production, manipulation and processing of digital images
- Drawing techniques
- Preparation of text and graphic files for print processing
BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
ICPSUP216 Inspect quality against required standards
ICPSUP260 Maintain a safe work environment
ICPSUP262 Communicate in the workplace
CUAACD201 Develop drawing skills to communicate ideas
CUAGRD302 Use typography techniques
ICPDMT322 Edit a digital image
ICPKNW322 Develop knowledge of the printing and graphic arts industry
ICPPRN284 Use colour management systems
ICPPRP211 Develop a basic design concept
ICPPRP221 Select and apply type
ICPPRP224 Produce pages using a page layout application
ICPPRP225 Produce graphics using a graphics application
ICPPRP252 Output images
ICPPRP324 Create pages using a page layout application
CUAACD401 Integrate colour theory and design processes
ICPPRN389 Manage digital files
ICPPRP311 Develop a detailed design concept
ICPPRP325 Create graphics using a graphics application
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
CUAPHI302 Capture photographic images
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A range of assessment strategies to meet different student’s needs will be selected, including portfolio evaluation, given tasks and assignments.
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification
- Desktop publisher
- Assistant graphic artist
- Publications and communications assistant
- Blended – Teaching and assessment will be conducted on-campus and online.
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
2 days per week (Wednesday & Thursday)
Note: 2021 delivery schedule to be advised.
You may enter the qualification with limited or no vocational experience; however we recommend that you have completed Year 10 as a minimum. A pre-training interview is required prior to course entry.
Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Engagement team **as soon as possible.**
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
Government Funded $3,880.00 (Tuition $3,880.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $776.00 (Tuition $776.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $6,790.00 (Tuition $6,790.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.
On-campus workshops are compulsory, and are highly recommended to validate your online learning. You will be advised of the dates for these workshops upon enrolment.
At the completion of this qualification students may choose to enter into the Certificate IV in Design.
When You Can Enrol
Apply online now for the course commencing in February 2021.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: