This course is specifically designed for those people wanting a Multi Combination driver’s licence. Holding an MC licence allows you to drive a heavy combination vehicle with more than one trailer. If you decide to get your licence with a non-synchromesh transmission option, you can drive either a non-synchro, synchro or auto transmission. Plenty of driver training time, combined with theoretical and practical learning activities, ensures your best chance of successfully obtaining a multi combination licence.
Multi Combination licence is issued by VicRoads.
Dates / Locations
#### When You Can Enrol
Please contact our friendly Customer Experience Team on 1300 698 233 to discuss dates.
#### Delivery Schedule
**Barnawartha North:** Applications for this licence course to be made online, for a preferred month. Follow up contact will then be made to discuss date options.
**Shepparton:** Applications for this licence course to be made online, for a preferred month. Follow up contact will then be made to discuss date options.
This course is delivered on a 1:1 ratio over 1 day.
- Barnawartha North, Vic (Logic campus)
- Shepparton Vic
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
IA252 Multi Combination Licence
#### Learning Outcomes
- Road law
- Performing cabin checks
- Performing pre-drive safety inspections
- Starting/Stopping sequence
- Turning and handling
- Reversing and maneuvering
- Vehicle positioning
- Gears and their uses
- System of vehicle control
- Defensive driving
- City and highway driving
- Load security
- Work diary
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
Fee For Service $1,695.00 (Tuition $1,695.00, Materials $0.00)
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
- Have held an Australian driver licence to drive a Heavy Rigid vehicle or a Heavy Combination vehicle for a period of at least 12 months.
- Provide primary proof of identification prior to course commencement.
- Meet VicRoads' eligibility, medical and eyesight requirements.
- If a NSW Licence Holder, applicant must complete RMS Knowledge Test (and follow RMS medical eligibility processes) before commencing the course - booking to be made through Roads and Maritime Services.
- Overseas licence holders - contact the Department's VicRoads Admin Officer (Kerrin Houldcroft) for further information about eligibility.
***HR to MC Progression***
- Applicants who wish to progress from HR to MC are required to undertake and pass a HC licence course and assessment before undergoing MC training and assessment (HC and MC must be consecutive).
- Applicants will be required to enrol and pay for both HC and MC at the same time (both courses are priced at the current public course rate at the time of enrolment).
- If applicant passes HC, they do not receive a COC (Certificate of Competence), and will only receive a COC when they pass the MC course. If the applicant fails the MC course, they will then be provided with a HC COC.
- All enquiries regarding HR to MC progression should be directed to our VicRoads Administration Officer for clarification and/or explanation.
Please also note there are NO canteen facilities available at either our Shepparton or Logic Campus. There are vending machines with limited options available at Logic and take away options located within 5 minutes’ drive of the campus, otherwise bring your own food and drink when completing a course at either Campus.
- Truck driver
- Transport operator
- Bus driver
- Coach driver
- Transport coordinator
Course certified by VicRoads.
You will undergo VicRoads-mandated theory, off-road, and on-road practical (driving) assessments.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts through the Course Eligibility check, if you are eligible to apply, complete an application for the Month you wish to complete the course at either the Barnawartha North (Logic) or Shepparton Campus.
Once your application is received you will be contacted to complete the following:
1. Complete a VicRoads Screening Questions form over the phone:
Note: If you are taking prescribed medications, we will need to apply for a VicRoads medical clearance prior to undertaking training.
2. Supply a payment method:
We will be able to offer you a date to complete the training once above steps are completed.
If you require any assistance, please contact our Customer Experience team on 1300 698 233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.