Incorporating the Certificate IV and Diploma programs into one remedial massage course, these studies will provide you with the skills you require for complete competence in remedial massage practice. On successful completion you may be self-employed as an independent practitioner or may work within a larger health service. With your intensive training, you will be able to apply for provider recognition with health funds.
This course also provides you with a direct pathway into the Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy 22316VIC as an opportunity to advance your training and knowledge to the next level.
- Establish and manage client relationships
- Work with diverse people
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Engage with health professionals and the health system
- Analyse and respond to client health information
- Provide first aid
- Manage the prevention and control of infection
- Develop massage practice
- Assess client massage needs
- Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
- Provide massage treatments
- Provide remedial massage treatments
- Adapt remedial massage treatments to meet specific needs
- Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments
- Manage work health and safety
CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
CHCPRP005 Engage with health professionals and the health system
HLTAAP003 Analyse and respond to client health information
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTINF004 Manage the prevention and control of infection
HLTMSG001 Develop massage practice
HLTMSG002 Assess client massage needs
HLTMSG003 Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments
HLTMSG004 Provide massage treatments
HLTMSG005 Provide remedial massage treatments
HLTMSG006 Adapt remedial massage treatments to meet specific needs
HLTMSG008 Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments
HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic disease
SISSSPT307A Conduct advanced taping
HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
Additional selectable units may apply.
The method of assessment varies and can include (but is not limited to):
- Observation in the workplace or simulated environment
- Written tasks, including quizzes
- Research tasks, including projects
- Oral presentations
- Group work
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
- Practice in a holistic health clinic
- Registered remedial massage professional
- Multidisciplinary health setting
- Providing services to WorkCover clients
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Full-time: 15 months
Three days per week, Monday to Wednesday, 9am-5pm
Students must be a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of their first clinical placement.
Students will complete 200 hours of clinical placement throughout the course. During relevant stages of the course, all students will be scheduled to take part in a supervised student massage clinic at Wodonga TAFE, which is open to the public. There is also an expectation that students will practice their skills in the broader community.
Students will also participate in on-site placement opportunities which will be arranged by your placement coordinator. The times and days of these sessions may vary to suit the establishment of which the student will be attending. Students may be required to have a current police check, and working with children check to attend specific clinical placement venues.
You must complete a Literacy and Numeracy Test prior to your application being sent to the department for assessment:
- Test registration must be completed via Eventbrite, https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/wodonga-tafe-core-skills-profile-for-adults-cspa-acer-assessment-schedule-tickets-49078183167, and select from registration dates listed. All literacy and numeracy registrations must be completed by the applicant by 12pm on the business day prior to the test date via the registration page.
- Attendance is required strictly 15 minutes before start time in Room A116, Building A, Wodonga TAFE, 87 McKoy Street, Wodonga. All candidates must attend with their Photo ID and Booking Confirmation.
- Note: Completion of and passing the literacy and numeracy entry test does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview.
You will also need a high level of maturity and responsibility to cope with the demands of academic and practical aspects of this course.
Government Funded $8,970.00 (Tuition $8,815.00, Materials $155.00)
Fee For Service $12,496.00 (Tuition $12,341.00, Materials $155.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
VET Student Loans may be available to eligible individuals. For more information, visit https://www.education.gov.au/vet-student-loans or see the ‘VET Student Loans’ page on our website under the ‘Apply Now’ tab.
Materials Included In Fees
- $65 for the Essenza Excursion
- $90 for the Wet Lab Excursion
- Materials fees will apply for course enrolments in 2020.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
Friday, 1 November 2019 12:00 PM Building B, Room B010
Monday, 2 December 2019 11:00 AM Building B, Room B001
- Successful completion of this course provides you with a direct pathway into the Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy 22316VIC, as an opportunity to advance your training and knowledge to the next level.
- Completion of the course will provide academic eligibility for membership with associations such as the Australian Association of Massage Therapists Ltd (AAMT) and other industry associations.
Studies in the Diploma of Remedial Massage can lead students into further studies in the following courses at various universities.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Musculoskeletal Therapy)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Complementary Medicine)
- Bachelor of Rehabilitation
When You Can Enrol
Apply from 1 September for the course commencing February 2020. Applications open 1 September 2019 and close 3 February 2020.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: