Learn the skills you require to provide general health and well-being treatments, with specific expertise in the treatment and prevention of muscle soreness and relaxation techniques for your clients. Job outcomes for this qualification may include self-employment, a day spa therapist or working in a multi-disciplinary health care team. This qualification can also be completed as part of the Diploma of Remedial Massage HLT52015.
- Establish and manage client relationships
- Work with diverse people
- Manage legal and ethical compliance
- Confirm physical health status
- Provide first aid
- Manage the prevention and control of infection
- Develop massage practice
- Assess client massage needs
- Provide massage treatments
- Manage work health and safety
- Undertake small business planning
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Address the needs of people with chronic disease
CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTINF004 Manage the prevention and control of infection
HLTMSG001 Develop massage practice
HLTMSG002 Assess client massage needs
HLTMSG004 Provide massage treatments
HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCCCS001 Address the needs of people with chronic disease
Additional selectable units may apply.
The method of assessment varies and can include (but is not limited to):
- Observation in the workplace or simulated environment
- Written tasks, including quizzes
- Research tasks, including projects
- Oral presentations
- Group work
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification
Job outcomes for this qualification may include self-employment, working as a day spa therapist or working in a multi-disciplinary health care team.
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Full-time: 12 months
This course is delivered as part of the Diploma of Remedial Massage: 2-3 days per week, 9am-4pm
Students must be a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of their first clinical placement. Students will complete 80 hours of clinical placement throughout the course. During relevant stages of the course, all students will be scheduled to take part in a supervised student massage clinic at Wodonga TAFE, which is open to the public. There is also an expectation that students will practice their skills in the broader community.
Students will also participate in on-site placement opportunities which will be arranged by your placement coordinator. The times and days of these sessions may vary to suit the establishment of which the student will be attending. Students may be required to have a current police check, and working with children check to attend specific clinical placement venues.
Once you submit an application for this course you will be receiving a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or head phones as there is an audio section.
• Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
• If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact Customer Experience ASAP.
• In addition to this, you will also be emailed a copy of the CSH Checklist that you will need to complete and email back to our Customer Experience team.
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview.
You will also need a high level of maturity and responsibility to cope with the demands of academic and practical aspects of this course.
Government Funded $3,583.00 (Tuition $3,330.00, Materials $253.00)
Concession $919.00 (Tuition $666.00, Materials $253.00)
Fee For Service $4,693.00 (Tuition $4,440.00, Materials $253.00)
Fees Additional Information
This course is completed as part of the Diploma of Remedial Massage. The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Materials Included In Fees
- $65 for the Essenza Excursion
- $90 for the Wet Lab Excursion
- Materials fees will apply for course enrolments in 2020
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course will provide an opportunity to undertake the Diploma of Remedial Massage.
When You Can Enrol
Register your interest via the online enquiry form to be notified when the next course intake application form is available.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: