This course is a fantastic way to start your career in visual arts by learning to develop your own artistic voice and command of techniques in a range of art forms. You'll be introduced to a multitude of new techniques and creative practices, as well as the tricks of the trade working as a visual artist in industry. You'll gain further integrated technical and theoretical knowledge and the ability to analyse and use information from a range of sources.
Dates / Locations
#### When You Can Enrol
Applications for our February 2021 intake are now closed. Please submit your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when applications are open for the next course.
#### Delivery Schedule
February 2021 intake: Wednesdays, 9am-4pm.
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
CUAACD301 Produce drawings to communicate ideas
CUARES403 Research history and theory to inform own arts practice
CUAPPR405 Develop and discuss ideas for own creative work
CUAPPR401 Realise a creative project
CUAPPR404 Develop self as artist
CUAACD401 Integrate colour theory and design processes
CUAPHI403 Enhance, manipulate and output photo images
CUAPAI401 Experiment with techniques to produce paintings
CUAPRI401 Experiment with techniques to produce prints
CUAPPR407 Select and prepare creative work for exhibition
CUASCU401 Experiment with techniques to produce sculpture
BSBDES303 Explore and apply the creative design process to 3D forms
BSBDES302 Explore and apply the creative design process to 2D forms
ICTWEB201 Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
#### Learning Outcomes
- Research and communication skills
- General administration
- Painting, printmaking, photography, drawing and digital media
- Collaboration on arts projects
- Creative thinking and diversity
- Work health and safety
- Business planning
- Networking with others in the field
Full-time: 12 months
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
There are no field placements associated with this course, students receive extensive and direct industry engagement during the course. All students have the opportunity to exhibit their work at various points throughout the year. All students participate in a major exhibition in November each year. This is an excellent opportunity to start or extend your exhibition practice for your portfolio.
Government Funded $3,420.00 (Tuition $3,420.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $684.00 (Tuition $684.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $5,320.00 (Tuition $5,320.00, Materials $0.00)
Additional fee assistance may be available for eligible individuals, as part of State & Commonwealth government initiatives. Materials fees may apply.
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
There are no entry requirements, however we recommend that you have completed Year 10 as a minimum, or that you enrol as a mature-aged student. A pre-training interview is required.
Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Engagement team **as soon as possible.**
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
On completion of this qualification you can pathway into further study in a creative field or creative business.
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
On completion of this course students will be well prepared for employment opportunities in:
- Galleries (retail, teaching, exhibiting, curating, administration)
- Arts therapy (aged care, mental health, rehabilitation- some further training required))
- Teaching (further study required)
- Artist with small business (product development alongside body of work)
- Arts and cultural position in local government
- Designer (further study required)
We do recommend work experience whilst on and after completion of the course. MAMA (Albury Art Gallery) has an excellent volunteer program.
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the specific unit outcomes. A range of assessment strategies will be utilised, including practical assessments, theoretical assessments such as written tasks and tests, as well as displaying your technical abilities through project based assessments.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Also please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email@example.com
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: