If you are interested in working in aged care or home and community care, this course is for you. You will gain the skills to enable you to make a difference in people’s everyday lives, and support them to maintain their independence and standard of living. You will learn the foundations of healthcare support that can be applied in a range of settings from residential aged care facilities to hospitals. This qualification enables you to work in the community and/or aged care residential setting and follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require personal support. Your work may involve using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for your own outputs. As an employee you will have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
- Provide individualised support
- Support independence and wellbeing
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Work with diverse people
- Work legally and ethically
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- Provide support to people living with dementia
- Meet personal support needs
- Provide home and community support services
- Deliver care with a palliative approach
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Support relationships with carers and families
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
Additional selectable units may apply.
The method of assessment varies and can include (but is not limited to):
- Observation in the workplace or simulated environment
- Written tasks, including quizzes
- Research tasks, including projects
- Oral presentations
- Group work
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF qualification.
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Full-time: 7 months
October 2019 intake: on campus at Wodonga TAFE: 3 days per week, Mondays to Wednesdays, 9am-3pm.
2020 intake: 3 days per week (days to be confirmed).
- Students must be a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of their first clinical placement.
- Prior to placement students are required to have a current National Police Records Check; applications are at student's own cost and the price and process varies depending on the state they reside in. Students will also possibly need to obtain a Victorian Working With Children’s Check to undergo work placement.
- Prior to placement students are required to show evidence of up-to-date immunisation status for the following: Hepatitis B, Influenza, MMR (if non-immune), Pertussis (dTpa), and Varicella (if non-immune).
You must complete a Literacy and Numeracy Test prior to your application being sent to the department for assessment:
- Test registration must be completed via Eventbrite, https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/wodonga-tafe-core-skills-profile-for-adults-cspa-acer-assessment-schedule-tickets-49078183167, and select from registration dates listed. All literacy and numeracy registrations must be completed by the applicant by 12pm on the business day prior to the test date via the registration page.
- Attendance is required strictly 15 minutes before start time in Room A116, Building A, Wodonga TAFE, 87 McKoy Street, Wodonga. All candidates must attend with their Photo ID and Booking Confirmation.
- Note: Completion of and passing the literacy and numeracy entry test does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview.
From 1 January 2019, Free TAFE for Priority Courses is a Victorian Government program that will pay your tuition fees to study in this selected course at Wodonga TAFE, if you’re eligible, subject to minimum numbers.
Government Funded $1,787.50 (Tuition $1,787.50, Materials $0.00)
Concession $357.50 (Tuition $357.50, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $3,575.00 (Tuition $3,575.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding may be made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ' Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Materials Included In Fees
- Materials fees will apply for course enrolments in 2020
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Engagement team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
Tuesday, 22 October 2019 12:00 PM Building B, Room B010
On successful completion of this course you may gain credits into other qualifications such as;
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
- Diploma of Nursing
When You Can Enrol
- Apply now for the October 2019 intake, commencing 28 October 2019. Applications will close on 20 September 2019.
- Apply from 1 September for the course commencing February 2020. Applications for 2020 open 1 September 2019 and close 27 November 2019.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: