This course covers Business Administration at a supervisory level. It is suited to you if you would like to further develop advanced skills and knowledge of business administration across all industries. This course includes an introduction to leadership skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, and emotional intelligence, as well as effective communication and building business relationships. This course is open to all, but is best suited if you are already employed in a role where there is some leadership responsibility.
#### Delivery Methods
- Blended – Teaching and assessment will be conducted on-campus and online.
- Traineeship – Teaching and assessment will be required to be conducted as part of a traineeship
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
#### When You Can Enrol
- On-campus/blended - February 2023 intake: Apply via the ‘Apply now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
- Traineeship: You will enrol with Wodonga TAFE as part of your traineeship with your employer. The Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) is your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn.
Full-time: 10 months
- On-campus/blended: 2023 intake course commencing Thursday 16 February, 1 evening per week (5.30pm-8.30pm) on campus, in addition to online learning.
- Traineeship - Individual training plans will be developed in consultation with your employer, as part of your traineeship.
#### Skills developed
- Critical thinking in the workplace
- Use of digital technologies
- Implementation of WHS policies, procedures and programs
- Preparation and production of complex documents and spreadsheets
- Workplace communication strategies
- Emotional intelligence
- Customer service strategies
- Workplace leadership and communication
#### Compulsory Units
BSBCRT411 Apply critical thinking to work practices
BSBTEC404 Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
BSBTWK401 Build and maintain business relationships
BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBTEC401 Design and produce complex text documents
BSBTEC402 Design and produce complex spreadsheets
BSBOPS404 Implement customer service strategies
BSBLDR412 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
Government Funded $2,968.75 (Tuition $2,968.75, Materials $0.00)
Concession $593.75 (Tuition $593.75, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $3,750.00 (Tuition $3,750.00, Materials $0.00)
#### Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Pathways & Careers
- Office manager
- Project officer
- Customer service advisor
- Clerk services officer
Continue your studies into the Diploma of Business or consider studies in Leadership and Management, or further study at university.
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
#### How to apply
Apply online now via the ‘Apply now’ button. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
- Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy Assessment online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox. All students are asked to complete an LLN assessment to determine any support requirements and to ensure the course and mode of delivery is suitable for the student.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot Assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section included in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot Assessment link please contact our Customer Experience team as soon as possible.
- Note: Completion of the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
For traineeship information and enrolments, the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) is your first point of contact for queries about a traineeship or apprenticeship, www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/about-aasn.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.