**Standard Certificate IV**
Develop your skills and knowledge to gain a supervisory role in an ever-expanding sector! If you have a sound business mind and have practical agricultural skills and experience at a Certificate III level, you could use this qualification to develop a career in the primary industry sector as a manager of a farming operation or agribusiness administrator. This course focuses on the business, management, and administrative aspects of agriculture.
**Agricultural Services and Supply Chain - Stock and Station Agent**
Developed by Agricultural industry training experts, this program is specifically designed to provide transactional agribusiness relationship insight and understanding, directly attached to a nationally recognised qualification. This courses flexible structure means this course is suitable for all areas of Agricultural service and supply chain industry providers, including but not limited to:
• Next generation Stock and Station agency engagement
• Livestock productivity and animal health value proposition
• Agri-Finance engagement and operational understanding
• Livestock preparation, marketing and negotiation
• Wool technical and marketing
• Farm supplies relationships
• Finance sector productivity and transactional understanding of process
• Integration of emerging technology into agribusiness
This course can be tailored to your desired agricultural stream, therefore learning outcomes are varied. Some may include:
• Management of pasture and cropping systems
• Management of livestock production
• The development and implementation of animal welfare protocols
• Management of soils for production systems
• Management of budgets and financial reports
• The management and coordination of equipment maintenance
• Planning and implementation property improvements
• Development of chemical programs and procedures to minimise risk
AHCWHS401 Maintain work health and safety processes
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills, and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A range of assessment strategies to meet different student’s needs will be selected.
Assessments may include written reports, planning reports and portfolios.
By successfully completing this course you will receive an AQF Qualification.
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
• Agribusiness administrator
• Farm team leader
• Farm supervisor
• Shed supervisor
- Workplace – Some/all teaching and assessment will be conducted at your workplace
- Traineeship – Teaching and assessment will be required to be conducted as part of a traineeship
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Traineeship 18 - 24 months, training in classroom, via workshops and onsite mentoring. Public applicants, Part Time, 18 - 24 months, training in classroom, via workshops and onsite mentoring.
When You Can Start
Training dates to be confirmed for 2020, however students can commence at anytime during the year.
Variable depending on traineeship or non-traineeship arrangement.
It is preferable that you have Certificate III in Agriculture qualification (any stream) or have relevant industry experience.
From 1 January 2019, Free TAFE for Priority Courses is a Victorian Government program that will pay your tuition fees to study in this selected course at Wodonga TAFE, if you’re eligible, subject to minimum numbers.
Government Funded $200.00 (Tuition $200.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $40.00 (Tuition $40.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $3,200.00 (Tuition $3,200.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
Given the nature of Agriculture, Environment and Horticulture qualifications, the units you will undertake in your studies vary greatly depending upon your line of work and/or personal choice. This means prices for tuition fees can only be given as an approximation to begin with, and materials fees are omitted.
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the Enrol Now tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in the course information page.
Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Engagement team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course can lead into a Diploma or Advanced Diploma qualification.
When You Can Enrol
Apply online now for 2020!
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: