Have you ever seen vehicles at the front and back of a truck that’s carrying a massive load? Those vehicles are ‘pilot vehicles’ and this is the course to be able to do it! This pilot vehicle operator course is a requirement for those who wish to apply for a pilot escort licence through VicRoads. You will develop the skills and knowledge required by pilot vehicle operators to control traffic in the vicinity of an oversized vehicle.
VicRoads Certified Pilot Driver Vehicle Authority Card
Once the student has successfully completed the course, they need to complete an application through the VicRoads website to obtain the Authority Card by following the below link
The applicant will need to provide 20 jobs that they have completed as a pilot. This needs to be submitted as part of the application via a log book or a work record sheet which can be downloaded from the VicRoads website.
If the applicant is unable to complete the work record sheet or log book, a Stat Dec can be submitted.
- Reference books
- Learning resources
- Safety vest
Dates / Locations
#### Delivery Schedule
**Logic Campus, Barnawartha North**
**2021 Dates:** Friday 9 and Friday 16 April (2 sessions) | **Time:** 8.00am-4.30pm
- Barnawartha North, Vic (Logic campus)
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
TLIB0002 Carry out vehicle inspection
TLIC3010 Pilot or escort oversized and/or overmassed loads
TLIE3009 Use pilot and escort communication
TLIF3013 Coordinate breakdowns and emergencies
TLIF3060 Control traffic as a pilot vehicle operator
#### Learning Outcomes
- Control traffic as a pilot vehicle operator
- Pilot or escort oversized and/or over-massed loads
- Use pilot and escort communication
- Coordinate breakdowns and emergencies
- Carry out vehicle inspection
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
Fee For Service $520.00 (Tuition $520.00, Materials $0.00)
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
- **Level 1:** Level 1 pilot vehicle driver in Victoria is required to hold a full driver’s licence and drive a vehicle complying with the requirements of the Heavy Vehicle National Law.
- **Level 2:** To qualify as a Level 2 or CPVD applicants wishing to participate must have a minimum of 12 months’ comprehensive experience in piloting oversize loads (minimum of 20 oversize load movements during the last 12 months). Level 2 pilot vehicle drivers or CPVD are required to hold a full driver’s licence (not probationary), drive a vehicle complying with the Heavy Vehicle National Law and have successfully completed the following training through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Please also note there are NO canteen facilities available at our Logic Campus. There are vending machines with limited options available and a BP Service Station located within 5 minutes’ drive of the campus, otherwise bring your own food and drink when completing a course at our Logic Campus.
- By successfully completing this course you will receive an AQF Statement of Attainment
- Course is certified by VicRoads
The theory and practical assessments will enable students to demonstrate their underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 698 233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.