This course covers the units FWPCOT2239 - Trim and Cut Felled Trees and FWPCOT2237 - Maintain Chainsaws (equivalent to level 1 chainsaw operation). This training will provide you with knowledge and skills to safely operate and maintain a chainsaw for trimming and cutting fallen trees using a range of cutting techniques. You will learn to identify cross cutting requirements, prepare and maintain equipment, assess trees and plan cutting and trim and cross cut safely and efficiently.
Dates / Locations
#### Delivery Schedule
**2021 Dates:** 'Enquire Now' to be notified when future dates are scheduled!
**Time:** 8.30am - 4.30pm
**Location:** Building H (Ag/Hort Building, University Dr, Wodonga)
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
FWPCOT2237 Maintain chainsaws
FWPCOT2239 Trim and cut felled trees
#### Learning Outcomes
• Safest techniques to operate a hand-held chainsaw to cut up wood and fallen trees and branches
• Correct posture for safe and efficient cutting
• To assess tension in wood to avoid getting your chainsaw jammed
• Chainsaw parts and functions
• Correct sharpening techniques
• Regular chainsaw maintenance
• Hazards of chainsaw use
• What is kickback and how to avoid it
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
Fee For Service $360.00 (Tuition $360.00, Materials $0.00)
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
You must be at least 16 years of age
You must supply your own safety boots, long pants, and long-sleeved shirt
This short course may be useful in applying for jobs in:
• Environmental groups
• Volunteer organisations for land care or sustainability projects
• Parks and gardens
• Council work
By successfully completing this course you will receive an AQF Statement of Attainment
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in this course information page. Please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 698 233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.