For qualified Remedial Massage Therapists (RMT), this course provides the opportunity to advance your training and knowledge to the next level. This qualification will provide you with an extension to your skills which will focus on assessment, treatment and prevention of specific musculoskeletal conditions and somatic dysfunction. Various modalities will be taught to enhance the restoration and recovery from these conditions via treatment of soft tissues.
Many students who take on this course may have already had the opportunity to work within industry as Remedial Massage Therapists. Bringing this knowledge and experience to the table will allow the student group to use critical thinking skills and analysis to hypothesise on the various conditions they have been presented with.
The popularity in preventative health solutions has seen a steady increase in recent years which has opened doors for health professionals considerably. Since the introduction of Myotherapy treatment in Australia in the 1990s, the demand for therapists to deal with more complex musculoskeletal conditions has grown. This has provided the need for therapists to be more widely trained - hence the introduction of this course.
Key learning areas will include:
- Collecting and analysing information from your clients
- Strong communication skills with clients and other health professionals
- Clinical assessment and clinical reasoning to help determine a treatment strategy
- An extension of current treatment modalities as well as an introduction of some new techniques
- Corrective exercises
- Conducting clinical research applicable to professional clinical practice and treatment.
CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
VU21873 Establish and manage a myotherapy practice
VU21874 Manage health risks in a myotherapy environment
VU21875 Work within a myotherapy framework
VU21876 Perform myotherapy clinical assessment
VU21877 Plan myotherapy treatment strategy
VU21878 Provide myotherapy treatment
VU21879 Provide myofascial dry needling treatment
VU21880 Conduct research relating to myotherapy clinical practice
The method of assessment varies and can include (but is not limited to):
• Observation in the workplace or simulated environment
• Written tasks, including quizzes
• Research tasks, including projects
• Oral presentations
• Group work
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
- Blended – Teaching and assessment will be conducted on-campus and online.
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Monthly workshop delivery over 12 months. 9am-4pm on weekends, dates to be advised
This course will be delivered as a combination of on-campus workshop delivery (including weekend workshops as advised), and directed and self-directed online studies.
2020 intake: Saturday and Sunday workshops (dates to be advised), commencing 1 August
Note: Successful completion of the Diploma of Remedial Massage HLT52105 is a pre-requisite for this course. Entrants to the 22316VIC Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy must provide evidence that they have gained competencies equivalent to those defined by:
- HLT50307 Diploma of Remedial Massage from the HLT07 training package, or
- HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage from the HLT training package.
Once you submit an application for this course you will be receiving a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or head phones as there is an audio section.
• Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
• If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact Customer Experience ASAP.
• In addition to this, you will also be emailed a copy of the CSH Checklist that you will need to complete and email back to our Customer Experience team.
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview.
Government Funded $4,275.00 (Tuition $4,275.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $6,840.00 (Tuition $6,840.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ‘Apply Now’ tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Materials Included In Fees
- Materials fees will apply for course enrolments in 2020.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
Studies in the Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy can lead students into further studies in the following courses at various universities.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Musculoskeletal Therapy)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Complementary Medicine)
- Bachelor of Rehabilitation
When You Can Enrol
Apply online now for the midyear 2020 intake for the course commencing in August. Applications close 10 July 2020. Please note: if applications are not open, register your interest via the online enquiry form to be notified when the next course intake application form is available.
This course is a direct pathway from successful completion of the Diploma of Remedial Massage.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: