For qualified Remedial Massage Therapists (RMT), this course provides the opportunity to advance your training and knowledge to the next level. This qualification will provide an extension of your skills which will focus on assessment, treatment and prevention of specific musculoskeletal conditions and somatic dysfunction. Various modalities will be taught to enhance the restoration and recovery from these conditions via treatment of soft tissues.
Many students who take on this course may have already had the opportunity to work within industry as Remedial Massage Therapists. Bringing this knowledge and experience to the table will allow the student group to use critical thinking skills and analysis to hypothesise on the various conditions they have been presented with. This course is also a direct pathway from successful completion of the Diploma of Remedial Massage.
The popularity in preventative health solutions has seen a steady increase in recent years which has opened doors for health professionals considerably. Since the introduction of Myotherapy treatment in Australia in the 1990s, the demand for therapists to deal with more complex musculoskeletal conditions has grown. This has provided the need for therapists to be more widely trained - hence the introduction of this course.
#### Delivery Methods
- Blended – Teaching and assessment will be conducted on-campus and online.
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
#### When You Can Enrol
Please register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ button to be notified when future intakes are scheduled.
12 months (weekly workshop delivery)
2022 midyear intake, commenced 13 July. This course is delivered as a combination of on-campus evening workshops (Wednesday evenings, 4.30pm-8.30pm), directed and self-directed online studies). This course delivery includes supervised student clinic attendance on some weekends (9am-5pm, dates to be advised).
- Note: Successful completion of the Diploma of Remedial Massage is a pre-requisite for this course. Entrants to the 22316VIC Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy must provide evidence that they have gained competencies equivalent to those defined by: HLT50307 Diploma of Remedial Massage from the HLT07 training package, or HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage from the HLT training package.
- On receipt of your course application you will be emailed an 'Application Requirement Questionnaire' electronic form and you will be required to provide evidence of a Victorian Working With Children's Check (WWCC).
- COVID-19 vaccination evidence will be asked for at some clinic venues. If you do not have evidence of COVID-19 vaccination, you may have limited clinic opportunities. Please speak with your Course Coordinator to discuss your clinic options if necessary.
#### Skills developed
Key learning areas will include:
- Collecting and analysing information from your clients
- Strong communication skills with clients and other health professionals
- Clinical assessment and clinical reasoning to help determine a treatment strategy
- An extension of current treatment modalities as well as an introduction of some new techniques
- Corrective exercises
- Conducting clinical research applicable to professional clinical practice and treatment.
#### Compulsory Units
CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
VU21873 Establish and manage a myotherapy practice
VU21874 Manage health risks in a myotherapy environment
VU21875 Work within a myotherapy framework
VU21876 Perform myotherapy clinical assessment
VU21877 Plan myotherapy treatment strategy
VU21878 Provide myotherapy treatment
VU21879 Provide myofascial dry needling treatment
VU21880 Conduct research relating to myotherapy clinical practice
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Qualification.
Government Funded $5,248.50 (Tuition $5,130.00, Materials $118.50)
Fee For Service $9,523.50 (Tuition $9,405.00, Materials $118.50)
#### Fees Additional Information
**Additional course costs that may apply**
Please note depending on individual circumstance there may be additional costs that apply throughout the completion of your qualification. These will be discussed further with your Course Coordinator, and may include:
- Working With Children Check
- Linen purchase and associated laundering costs for practical sessions and clinic
- Workwear requirements for on-campus clinic
- Vaccination requirements.
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ‘Apply Now’ tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
#### Materials Fees
- Work books
- Name badge
- Clinic uniform shirt
Pathways & Careers
Studies in the Advanced Diploma of Myotherapy can lead students into further studies in the following courses at various universities.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Musculoskeletal Therapy)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Complementary Medicine)
- Bachelor of Rehabilitation
[Study pathways with Wodonga TAFE »](/to-wodonga-tafe-and-beyond)
#### How to apply
Apply online now via the ‘Apply now’ button. If the course is not available for online application, register your details via the ‘Enquire Now’ form to be notified when future dates are scheduled, or to chat to our friendly Customer Experience team.
- Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy assessment online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox. All students are asked to complete an LLN assessment to determine any support requirements and to ensure the course and mode of delivery is suitable for the student.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Experience team **as soon as possible**.
- Note: Successful completion of the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview.
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.