Certificate II in Building and Construction (Carpentry) Preapprenticeship
About this Course
Looking for a rewarding, hands-on career? You will gain the skills and knowledge required for carpentry, this includes gaining experience in using hand and power tools. You will learn a wide range of carpentry skills including how to install windows and doors, wall framing, interior fixing and roof structures. This program allows students to construct a portable unit, exposing students to many facets of the construction industry. Completion of this pre-apprenticeship will open up employment and career opportunities for you in the building and construction (carpentry) industry. Successfully completing this course will give you credit towards a carpentry apprenticeship (Certificate III level). Students will also be required to complete ‘CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card)'.
- Workplace safety, documents, plans, and site induction
- Building structures, setting out, sub-floor framing, wall framing, roof framing
- Introduction to scaffolding and working with platforms, hands tools and power tools
- External cladding, window and door frames, interior fixings
- Formwork for concreting and levelling
- Demolition and environmental sustainability in carpentry
CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry
VU20955 Workplace safety and site induction
HLTFA211A Provide basic emergency life support
VU20956 Building structures
VU20957 Calculations for the construction industry
VU20958 Prepare for work in the construction industry
VU20959 Communication skills for the construction industry
VU20960 Introduction to scaffolding and working platforms
VU20962 Quality principles for the construction industry
VU20963 Safe handling and use of plant and selected portable power tools
VU20964 Workplace documents and plans
VU20971 Carpentry hand tools
VU20972 Carpentry power tools
VU20973 Basic setting out
VU20974 Sub-floor framing
VU20975 Wall framing
VU20976 Roof Framing
VU20977 External cladding
VU20978 Installation Of Window And Door Frames
VU20979 Interior Fixings
VU20980 Introduction to demolition
VU20981 Formwork For Concreting
VU20982 Basic environmental sustainability in carpentry
Additional selectable units may apply.
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A range of assessment strategies to meet different student’s needs will be selected, including written work, tests, demonstrations and practical assessments of your skills and outcomes.
- Work safely in the construction industry (Construction Industry Card)
- Basic first aid competency
By successfully completing this course you will receive an AQF Qualification
- Carpentry apprenticeship
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- McKoy Street Main Campus VIC
Full-time: 15 weeks
8.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday
- You must be at least 16 years of age
- All students must attend a pre-training interview with the department trainer before being accepted into the course
- Students are required to wear safety boots and have ear plugs and clear safety specs in the workshop. A list of materials will be provided on application.
Funded $962.00 (Tuition $640.00, Materials $322.00)
Concession $442.00 (Tuition $120.00, Materials $322.00)
Full Fee $2,562.00 (Tuition $2,240.00, Materials $322.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the Enrol Now tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Materials Included In Fees
- Reference books
- White card
- Basic first aid
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can download an enrolment form via the ‘Apply Now’ tab on our website.
Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: