Academic skills & study support
Academic assistance, and support for culturally and linguistically diverse students, is provided through the TutorSpace and Studiosity.
There are many reasons why you may need help with your studies. For example, you may:
- be returning to study many years after you last studied
- have difficulties with written text because English is your second language
- have difficulties with reading and writing due to a learning disorder such as dyslexia
- not have prior experience in formal report or essay writing
- be required to master learning in areas where you have previously had difficulty, for example, studying maths as part of an engineering course.
Academic assistance is provided in a range of ways, after consultation with a Academic Learner Support Coordinator. Assistance may include:
- one-on-one tutoring
- participation in a group tutoring session
- one-on-one support with assignment writing through proofreading and feedback
- participation in study skills sessions offered periodically by Wodonga TAFE, for example, how to plan and write essays, how to write reports, maths for beginners, or advanced maths for engineering
- time management
- computer skills
- exam preparation.
Please contact the Academic Learner Support Coordinator for more information.
Phone 1300 69 8233 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org