The Working for Victoria Youth Employment Program
Thursday, 24 September 2020
The new Working for Victoria Youth Employment Program is offering up to 800 jobs for young people in the Victorian public service.
If you’re a jobseeker aged between 17 and 29, you may be eligible to apply. The Youth Employment Program can give you valuable on-the-job experience and training that can lead to long-term career.
The public service is a dynamic and diverse workplace that supports our community.
What kind of jobs are available?
The Youth Employment Program offers 6-12 month roles in Victorian government departments and agencies. Types of jobs include:
- administrative assistants
- project support officers
- quality and safeguarding officers
- guest services officers
- operations officers
- vegetation officers.
Jobs will be available in both metro and regional areas.
Training, support and development
As a Youth Employment Program participant you will undertake a short training course in Public Sector Administration, which provides an introduction to working in the public service. In addition to general supervision, you will get job-preparation, mentoring and post-placement support to enhance your future employment opportunities.
Who is eligible?
The Youth Employment Program is open to Victorians who are:
- aged between 17 and 29 years at the time of application
- eligible to be employed by the Victorian Government.
How can I apply?
- Register as a jobseeker on the Working for Victoria online jobs platform at www.vic.gov.au/workingforvictoria
- Create your profile. Set your preferences for location and types of jobs you are interested in. When selecting industries, make sure you tick ‘Public Administration and Safety’ industry and ‘Clerical and Administrative Workers’ sub-category, as most Youth Employment Program jobs will come under this category.
- You will be sent jobs that match your skills, interest, experience and location.
- Apply for jobs that suit you.
Youth Employment Program jobs will be added to the online jobs platform as they become available. You will be sent all Working for Victoria jobs that match the preferences you set in your profile.
Download the Youth Employment Program flyer
Need more information?
If you have questions about how to sign up to Working for Victoria or about the Youth Employment Program, visit www.vic.gov.au/workingforvictoria or email: firstname.lastname@example.org