Wodonga Skills and Jobs workshops
Friday, 29 May 2020
The Wodonga Skills and Jobs Centre – operated from Wodonga TAFE – offers a range of services to help you get into the job market.
The professional Skills and Jobs team offers individuals and businesses support with their employment opportunities, career-building and mapping, job-seeking services and much more!
The team also offers FREE workshops aimed to help you realise your employability, help you with up-skilling, and prepare for job applications/interviews.
With the COVID-19 emergency, the Skills and Jobs team have adapted to the situation by transferring some of their workshops to be online, or when possible, conducting them face to face. There is a range of workshops available including:
- Introduction to computer basics: learn some of the basics of working with a computer, including emails, the internet, managing files, and online job searching
- What goes in a resume: A zoom workshop, outlining what you need to put in your resume, how you should structure it, and any other information you need when building your resume!
- How to address your key selection criteria: A zoom workshop on how to highlight skills, attributes, experiences, and education that the employer has identified as being essential or desirable for satisfying the requirements of the job.
- How to write a cover letter: a zoom session outlining what you should include in a cover letter and how to draft one that will stand out to an employer.
- How to prepare for a job interview: This workshop will help you determine the best ways to prepare yourself when you're going for a job interview and will enlighten you to some questions that you may be asked.
- Over 45 and returning to work? This workshop is a self-exploration process of your skills, values, and career aspirations.
- LinkedIn profile builder: Learn about how to build your personal digital brand and promote yourself on LinkedIn.
- My first job: A workshop that will step you through what you can do to get into the workforce for the first time.
For the dates of each workshop and how they are being conducted, please follow this link or contact Wodonga TAFE on 1300 698 233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org