Step into the fitness industry as a qualified fitness instructor! Complete your qualification and gain the skills and knowledge you need to work as a professional within this energetic industry, including working independently in a range of settings, such as fitness centres, gyms, pools, or community facilities. As part of this course you will experience a range of appropriate settings that will enhance your classroom-based training. Regular visits to our local gym, outdoor fitness environment and other community-based facilities will strengthen the learning opportunities for you as a student. This course is a pre-requisite for Certificate IV in Fitness which is the industry requirement for working as a personal trainer in the fitness sector.
SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities
SISXIND001 Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
SISFFIT007 Instruct group exercise sessions
SISFFIT011 Instruct approved community fitness programs
SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
The method of assessment varies and can include (but is not limited to):
- Observation in the workplace or simulated environment
- Written tasks, including quizzes
- Research tasks, including projects
- Oral presentations
- Group work
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF qualification
- Fitness instructor
- Group exercise instructor
- Gym instructor
- Blended – Teaching and assessment will be conducted on-campus and online.
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
Part-time: 6 months
- July 2020 intake: Tuesdays, 9am-3pm, commencing 14 July 2020.
- 2021 delivery schedule to be advised.
- Successful applicants for this course will be required to obtain a Working with Children’s Check and may be asked to apply for a National Police check prior to placement.
- All applicants understand there is a selection process that applies to all courses. This process includes: LLN (Literacy, Learning, Numeracy) Assessment; Written Tasks; Group Interview.
- Once you submit an application for this course you will receive a separate email from LLN Robot to complete a Learning, Reading, Writing, Oral and Numeracy test online. Please check your junk mail if this does not come to your inbox.
- Please allow one hour to complete the LLN Robot assessment. You will need a computer with speakers or headphones as there is an audio section in the assessment.
- Your LLN Assessment will need to be completed one week after receiving it to progress your application to the next stage, or your application may be withdrawn due to inactivity.
- If you are unable to access the LLN Robot link please contact our Customer Engagement team **as soon as possible.**
- Note: Completion of and passing the LLN Robot Assessment does not guarantee a place in the course at Wodonga TAFE. Numbers are limited and selected applicants will be contacted to attend an interview. If an applicant is not accepted into their preferred course they will be contacted and provided information on alternate pathways and/or courses.
Government Funded $1,935.00 (Tuition $1,795.00, Materials $140.00)
Concession $499.00 (Tuition $359.00, Materials $140.00)
Fee For Service $2,832.50 (Tuition $2,692.50, Materials $140.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding may be made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the 'Apply Now' tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Benefit from our new training partnership with **PT Fitness Private Studio** and gain supervised access to the full range of gym facilities onsite at this local fitness facility!
![alt text]( https://www.wodongatafe.edu.au/Portals/0/PT_Fitness_Logo_Black_Background_webC.jpg?ver=2019-08-09-110822-137 "training partnership with PT Fitness Private Studio")
Materials Included In Fees
- Materials fees will apply for course enrolments in 2020.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online enquiry form. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.
On successful completion of Certificate III in Fitness you may continue your study into Certificate IV in Fitness SIS40215
When You Can Enrol
Applications open on 7 September for the course commencing in February 2021. You may register your interest via the online enquiry form to be notified when the next course intake application is available.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: