This qualification prepares you for entry into the telecommunications industry and its convergent technologies, including radio, optical, data and internet protocol (IP) networks. After successfully completing this course, application can be sought for a ACMA Open or Restricted Cabling Registration including endorsements for Structured, Optical & Co-axial Cabling.
This qualification reflects the role of an operator in the telecommunications industry who can apply a broad range of competencies in a varied work context from installation to operation of telecommunications equipment and products.
ICTCBL306 Locate and identify cable system faults
ICTTEN201 Use electrical skills in telecommunications work
ICTTEN202 Use hand and power tools
ICTTEN207 Install and test internet protocol devices in convergence networks
ICTTEN302 Install telecommunications network equipment
ICTWHS204 Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures
ICTWOR201 Work effectively in telecommunications technology
ICTWOR306 Resolve technical enquiries using multiple information systems
ICTBWN305 Use optical and radio frequency measuring instruments
ICTCBL208 Splice and terminate optical fibre cable for carriers and service providers
ICTCBL236 Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Restricted Rule
ICTCBL237 Install, maintain and modify customer premises communications cabling: ACMA Open Rule
ICTCBL301 Install, terminate and certify structured cabling installation
ICTCBL302 Install and terminate optical fibre cable on customer premises
ICTCBL303 Install and terminate coaxial cable
ICTCBL304 Perform cable and system test on customer premises
The level of competency you develop from your training may be assessed (usually at your workplace) using a combination from the following methods:
• Observation at work
• Practical assessment
• Interview/oral questioning
• Portfolio of your work
• Third party (workplace) report.
After successfully completing this course, application can be sought for an ACMA Open or Restricted Cabling Registration including endorsements for Structured, Optical & Co-axial Cabling.
By successfully completing this course you will receive an AQF qualification.
• Telecommunications technician/cabler
• Security alarm cabler
• Network cabler
- Traineeship – Teaching and assessment will be required to be conducted as part of a traineeship
- McKoy Street Main Campus VIC
TRAINEESHIP, FULL-TIME: 24 MONTHS OR PART-TIME: 36 MONTHS
This course is delivered through your workplace, therefore delivery and duration can vary per student.
We recommend that you have basic language and literacy skills. A pre-training review will be conducted.
This course is mostly workplace-based where training and assessment are completed in your workplace, therefore you must be employed in the field.
Government Funded $1,420.00 (Tuition $1,420.00, Materials $0.00)
Concession $284.00 (Tuition $284.00, Materials $0.00)
Fee For Service $7,100.00 (Tuition $7,100.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
Funding made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the Enrol Now tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
Materials Included In Fees
- Reference books
How to apply
1. To register a traineeship, contact your local Apprenticeship Network provider or call the Australian Apprenticeships referral line on 13 38 73. (In some states, Australian Apprenticeships are known as apprenticeships and traineeships.)
2. When you have been registered for a traineeship Wodonga TAFE will be notified and will contact your employer to arrange a visit and begin the enrolment procedure.
3. You will be required to undertake a pre-training review with the relative department, including a language, literacy, and numeracy test.
4. Upon completion of the pre-training review, you will be notified of acceptance into the course. You will be provided with a list of the units available to study within your relevant course.
5. Customer Service will then process your enrolment at which time your fees are payable. You will be provided with a training plan listing the units you are enrolled to study.
Please fill the below fields then submit your enquiry: