As Victoria emerges from the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, businesses and workers need to ensure they can safely reopen and engage with customers.
Wodonga TAFE is now offering free, accredited training as a short course offered as a mixture of online and workplace-based learning. This training is available to help staff in critical industries identify and manage the ongoing risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections.
Workers can be upskilled with this training which is available to customer-facing employees in critical industry sectors. This Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling) course is suitable for staff engaged in direct customer interactions in the food-handling sector, such as restaurants and cafes, clubs, hotels, and other hospitality settings.
After completion of the training, they will be able to confidently:
- follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- identify infection hazards and assess risks
- follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards.
Dates / Locations
#### When You Can Enrol
Please register your details via the online enquiry form to be notified when the course is next available.
#### Delivery Schedule
Online in your own time, you must complete within 4 weeks of commencement.
- Online Delivery and In The Workplace
Info Events / Sessions
No info events or info sessions available.
#### Compulsory Units
HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
#### Learning Outcomes
Participants will learn a range of skills, including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission
The skill set will take approximately 25 hours to complete
- Online – All teaching and assessment will be completed online
- Workplace - A Virtual assessment or workplace observation is required to complete the Skill Set
Additional fee assistance may be available for eligible individuals, as part of State & Commonwealth government initiatives. Materials fees may apply.
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment. Funding may be made available to eligible individuals by State and Commonwealth Governments. If funding is utilised, this may affect future opportunities to access additional funding in the future. For more information see ‘Fee information and eligibility’ under the ‘Apply Now’ tab on the Wodonga TAFE website.
To be eligible to complete this Skills Set the student must:
- be currently employed in Victoria in a customer-facing role, with priority given to those working in the Retail, Food Handling, or Transport and Logistics industries.
- not have previously completed the Skill Set that they are applying for, or any other Infection Control Skill Sets.
Note: this Skill Set contains online learning - participants will need basic computer skills.
On successful completion, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for this accredited unit of competency.
Online knowledge questions and a virtual assessment or workplace observation.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Also please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Experience team on 1300 69 8233 or email email@example.com
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.