Comprising three nationally accredited units, this course if for you if you need skills and knowledge to handle food safely. Learn the basics of personal hygiene, safe food storage and handling, cross contamination hazards, and effective cleaning and sanitisation. This course is a requirement for anyone working with food in a hospitality business.
- Personal hygiene in the workplace
- Safe food storage and handling
- Cross contamination hazards
- Effective cleaning and sanitsation
SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
FBPFSY1001 Follow work procedures to maintain food safety
HLTFSE001 Follow basic food safety practices
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A range of assessment strategies to meet different student’s needs will be selected, including a test and practical demonstration.
- Kitchen hand
- Kitchen assistant
- Food preparer
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
- Monday 2 March 2020, 9am-4pm (1 session)
- Monday 27 April 2020, 9am-4pm (1 session)
- Monday 15 June 2020, 9am-4pm (1 session)
- Monday 3 August 2020, 9am-4pm (1 session)
- Tuesday 8 September 2020, 9am-4pm (1 session)
- Monday 5 October 2020, 9am-4pm (1 session)
- Monday 23 November 2020, 9am-4pm (1 session)
Venue: Building G
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Fee For Service $170.00 (Tuition $170.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Enrol and pay online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
When You Can Enrol
Enrol and pay online now. If the course is not available for online application, submit your expression of interest via the online form.