This WorkSafe approved Refresher training course will assist HSRs' and Deputy HSRs' understanding of how they can effectively use their powers when participating in the identification, prevention and control of the risks associated with Plant (Machinery and Equipment)
- Interpreting the occupational health and safety legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution
- Represent designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder/s
- Issuing a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing cessation of work
Participants are not required to undertake a formal assessment for this HSR course.
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- McKoy Street Main Campus VIC
Monday 25 Mar, Room C017
Monday 24 Jun, Room C017
Monday 9 Sept, Room C017
Monday 8 Nov, Room C017
(1 session) | Time: 9am-5pm
It's advisable that you have completed the 'Health and Safety Representative's Initial Occupational Health and Safety training' to undertake this Refresher Course.
Fee For Service $275.00 (Tuition $240.00, Materials $35.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in the course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can download an enrolment form via the ‘Apply Now’ tab on our website.
Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly Customer Engagement team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised this course is a non-accredited training program and all units are Wodonga TAFE's internal codes of reference only.
Under the OHS Act (section 67) all elected HSRs and deputy HSRs after completing the initial course of training, have an entitlement (for each year they hold office) to attend Refresher training and choose the course in consultation with their employer.
Participants should be informed by the employer of Wodonga TAFE's absenteeism policy.