This course covers the skills and knowledge required to work effectively with National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participants. It is specifically designed for workers who are employed, intending to be employed, or seeking a career change to the disability, allied health, mental health, community services and individual support (aged or disability) sectors. It includes supporting an NDIS participant to achieve stated goals identified in their day-to-day support plans; taking appropriate action within a human rights framework to ensure NDIS participant personal safety; working safely when supporting an NDIS participant; completing and processing required documentation, and liaising effectively with others. Workers are required to comply with the NDIS Act and the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework.
**Learning outcomes include**
- Overview of the NDIS
- Human Rights and legislative requirements
- Goal directed service delivery incorporating choice and control
- Person-centred active support
- Violence, abuse and neglect
- Writing reports.
VU22448 Work effectively with a national disability insurance scheme participant
The assessments will enable students to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge, skills and attributes required to meet the course outcomes. A variety of assessment strategies to meet different student needs will be selected, including theoretical and practical assessment tasks.
By successfully completing this course you will receive a nationally recognised AQF Statement of Attainment
- On-campus – The majority of teaching and assessment is conducted on-campus
- McKoy Street, Wodonga Vic (Main campus)
To be advised. Register your expression of interest to be notified for the next course intake.
Note: This course can also be tailored to meet organisational requirements for groups. Please contact us for further information.
Course participants of the course may be:
- employed by an organisation to provide funded services to an NDIS participant
- self-employed and working as a sole trader when directly employed by an NDIS participant to provide funded services to the participant
- a person who is seeking employment or further training in an area where knowledge of the NDIS is essential.
Government Funded $95.00 (Tuition $95.00, Materials $0.00)
Fees Additional Information
The student tuition fees published are indicative only and can be subject to change given individual circumstances at the time of enrolment.
Materials Included In Fees
- Materials fees will apply for course enrolments in 2020.
How to apply
Apply via the ‘Apply online now’ button in this course information page. If the course is not available for online application, you can submit your enquiry via the online form below. Alternatively, please feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 69 8233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We reserve the right to close course intakes early. Many courses have limited places and high demand. Early applications are recommended. We reserve the right to cancel intakes and courses if there are insufficient student numbers.
When You Can Enrol
Please register your expression of interest to be notified for the next course intake.