Through our Skills and Jobs Centre offer a wide range of FREE workshops aimed at helping to help you realise your employability, learn to recognise your skills and prepare for job applications/interviews.
Scroll down to book one of our workshops!
We offer weekly workshops in:
- Resume Writing - A resume is your marketing tool, and is a sumamry of your education, skills and experience for the purspose of gaining an interview. This workshop will cover; types of resumes, Do's and Don'ts, content, layout, skills, qualities (attributes) writing a career objective (summary).
- Cover Letters - Learn how to write an effective and professional cover letter to ensure your job application stands out from the crowd!
- Key Selection Criteria - How to highlight skills, attributes, experiences and education that the employer has identified as being essential or desirable for satisfying the requirements of the job. As well as how to present this information in your job application.
- Introduction to Basic Computer Skills - Learn some of the basics to working with a computer, including emails, the internet, managing files and online job searching.
You can also place an expression of interest in one of the many other FREE workshops we run!
- Over 45; Needing or returning to work? - A self-exploration process of your skills, value and career aspirations.
- You Are Employable - How to identify your skills, values, interests, barriers (perceived vs real) and how to develop strategies to minimise any barriers.
- Taking Control of your Job Seeking - How to effectively manage your job search and to 'keep going'.
- You and Your Skills - Learn how to identify your employability, transferable, technical, specialist and motivated skills.
- My First Job - We'll step you through what you need to know, before you start work and while you're at work.
- Interviews - Learn how to prepare and present at an interview; different types of interviews, do's and don'ts
- On-line Applications - How to prepare your application and navigate the application process.
- Introduction to Basic Excel (spreadsheets).