Australia offers some of the best working and lifestyle opportunities in the world. More importantly, Australia is a democratic country and highly values freedom of speech, equal opportunities, and freedom of information. From our cities to our regional towns and remote communities, Australia is culturally diverse.
Wodonga, with its sister city Albury, offers the lifestyle advantages of a large city, but in a safe environment that supports and nurtures young people. Wodonga is one of Victoria’s fastest growing regional cities and has enjoyed a sustained population growth rate, as well as ongoing residential, commercial and industrial development.
Located near the national freeway between Melbourne and Sydney, Wodonga has plenty to offer including:
- a variety of sporting facilities and opportunities such as water sports on the Murray River, biking and walking paths, team sports including soccer, hockey, football and netball, and close proximity to the snowfields
- cultural events and the arts, with local theatre companies and performing arts spaces, galleries, cinemas and museums
- a range of health and community facilities
- exceptional shopping precincts
- a thriving business community offering part-time work opportunities for students
- employment opportunities in industries such as manufacturing, transport and logistics, retail, tourism and hospitality, health, education and government
- Wodonga (situated in Victoria) is a twin city, with Albury situated across the Murray River in New South Wales.
- Allbury-Wodonga is one of Australia's largest inland population centres with a population of approximately 110,000 people, and a regional population of 176,000 people.
- In Wodonga, the median weekly rent is $205. In Albury, the median weekly rent is $195.*
- Our climate is warm and temperate, with four seasons including cool to mild winters averaging 14 degrees celsius, and very warm to hot summers averaging 30 degrees celsius.
*Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing 2011.
Travelling to and from Wodonga
By road: Travelling via the Hume Freeway, Wodonga is a comfortable three hours drive from Melbourne, four hours from Canberra and six hours from Sydney.
By rail: Wodonga and Albury are on the main rail line between Sydney and Melbourne with V/Line passenger trains stopping in Wodonga and Albury each day.
By air: Albury is serviced by the major national airlines either directly or through alliances with regional airlines. A flight to Melbourne takes approximately 45 minutes, and approximately one hour to Sydney.
More information about this region
Albury Wodonga Australia
Living in Victoria
Profile.Id - Community Profile - Wodonga
Profile.Id - Community Profile - Albury
Wodonga City Council, Economic Development
Albury City Council, Economic Development