Skills recognition brochure (PDF 1.1Mb)
Skills recognition is a formal assessment process that measures your skills and knowledge from previous study, training, work, or life experiences against the outcomes of the course in which you want to enrol. If your skills are recognised in this way, you do not have to undertake training in areas where you are already competent. You save time when existing skills are formalised against a qualification. You get the credit you deserve!
Skills recognition - student testimonials
There are three ways that your skills can be recognised.
- Credit transfer (CT) applies to formal study that you have already completed through a school, university, institute of TAFE, or other registered provider of vocational education and training programs.
- Recognition of current competency (RCC) means that you may need to be re-assessed against a qualification you already have, to make sure that your competence is current. This is particularly relevant for licensing authorities.
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL) acknowledges that people learn in many different ways and that learning may have been obtained through a combination of education, training, work, and/or life experiences. Your skills, training, and experiences are assessed against the requirements of the course in which you want to enrol.
Wodonga TAFE provides a friendly, supportive service which enables you to explore recognition of prior learning, credit transfer, course information, and the training system at Wodonga TAFE.
Skills recognition provides the following:
For the client/learner
- Discussing the RPL process and opportunity/suitability for RPL
- Providing an opportunity for a self assessment against a course at Wodonga TAFE
- Providing course information to prospective learners.
- Discussing how RPL can fast-track training and save time and money for the business.
How the skills recognition process works
CF003 Application for Skills Recognition - Credit Transfer (CT) Form (DOC 336 Kb)
CF075 Request for Skills Recognition - Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Form (DOC 159Kb)
Visit Wodonga TAFE, Building A, 87 McKoy Street, West Wodonga
Phone 1300 69 8233 | Email email@example.com